Destiny > Destiny Pre-Release Discussion

Third-Person Community Spaces?

<< < (3/3)

nightcrafter27:
It would be very interesting if they mean third party developers. Kind of like how they outsourced the last Reach map dlc, Bungie might mean that there will be place that a player can go to created and maintained by another studio, with missions and weaponry exclusive to that area. It would make the game extremely vibrant if each planet was made from a unique design perspective, and the individual studios could delve into the atmosphere/culture. It would be the difference of "I looted this gun of an alien on Venus" to "this weapon is [cultural significance/history] to aliens on Venus."

Not sure how anybody would make money off of this, but it would be cool.

Imppa:

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on June 12, 2013, 17:39:10 ---It would be very interesting if they mean third party developers. Kind of like how they outsourced the last Reach map dlc, Bungie might mean that there will be place that a player can go to created and maintained by another studio, with missions and weaponry exclusive to that area. It would make the game extremely vibrant if each planet was made from a unique design perspective, and the individual studios could delve into the atmosphere/culture. It would be the difference of "I looted this gun of an alien on Venus" to "this weapon is [cultural significance/history] to aliens on Venus."

--- End quote ---

But wouldn't that make the game a bit fragmented? I mean, surely Bungie would oversee everything a third party would create for their game, but it isn't the same as Bungie doing all the things and making them fit the puzzle. Having third parties might even cause some weird competition...Like, I don't know, really differing environments? So differing you'd have problem to realise they're in the same game? (Though surely Bungie would check for things like that, too, but maybe you get the point..)

I don't know. I never played Halo 4, so I don't really know how much the same product can vary between different companies. :/ Or is that a faulty example?

Scatcycle:
That's a really good example on how much they can differ. Halo 3 is pretty much about skill. Two men enter, better one leaves. Halo 4 is pretty much high tech cod, with points, custom classes and startup weapons, permanent sprinting, etc. There's a huge difference and Bungie wouldn't have made it at all like 343 did.

nightcrafter27:
Best place to put this. Check out the video, there is some good analysis, but mostly FACTION WARS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version