Halo Reach > BOBs

BOB 6-S-01 (The Beach BOB)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nader:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on October 26, 2011, 23:20:37 ---
--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 22:58:39 ---
--- Quote from: Scatcycle on October 26, 2011, 22:50:37 ---
--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 22:20:55 ---Side note: My online is currently disabled...Seems to be the work of the Covenant..I mean Comcast.

--- End quote ---
Maps are pretty useless in linear levels. If we show you a picture of the place and you miss it, you probably won't find the BOB anyway. We should have a map for New Alexandria, though.

--- End quote ---

MAPS USELESS?

--- End quote ---
When there's a set path, and you can't go anywhere but that path, yes, maps are useless.

--- End quote ---

There isn't always a set path though, on any level. I too am cursed by comcast.

EnigmaBiz:

--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 22:20:55 ---Haven't seen any map concerning BOB's or maps in general. I would suggest trying to get out of map and taking some Ariel shots so that the area can be mapped properly. Doing this might also allow you to locate the drop pod for the bob way before it even crashes down, this may also show you what triggers it...

OR I WILL CONTINUE TO DO THIS!!! (attached)

Side note: My online is currently disabled...Seems to be the work of the Covenant..I mean Comcast.

--- End quote ---
Maps are pretty useless in linear levels. If we show you a picture of the place and you miss it, you probably won't find the BOB anyway. We should have a map for New Alexandria, though.

--- End quote ---

MAPS USELESS?

--- End quote ---
When there's a set path, and you can't go anywhere but that path, yes, maps are useless.

--- End quote ---

Its more for the sake of mapping location (BOB drop/ enemy spawns/ weapon location/ triggers/ vehicles) It could even be broken down into sectors or a grid for easy reference. Just because we all know the level doesn't mean we know where/what/who or when something changes/happens. having a map would for sure make the BOB guild that much better. Not everyone can watch the videos but everyone can see a picture...as long as they are not blind....or dead......

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 23:56:25 ---
--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 22:20:55 ---Haven't seen any map concerning BOB's or maps in general. I would suggest trying to get out of map and taking some Ariel shots so that the area can be mapped properly. Doing this might also allow you to locate the drop pod for the bob way before it even crashes down, this may also show you what triggers it...

OR I WILL CONTINUE TO DO THIS!!! (attached)

Side note: My online is currently disabled...Seems to be the work of the Covenant..I mean Comcast.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

MAPS USELESS?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Its more for the sake of mapping location (BOB drop/ enemy spawns/ weapon location/ triggers/ vehicles) It could even be broken down into sectors or a grid for easy reference. Just because we all know the level doesn't mean we know where/what/who or when something changes/happens. having a map would for sure make the BOB guild that much better. Not everyone can watch the videos but everyone can see a picture...as long as they are not blind....or dead......

--- End quote ---
Honestly, what's easier for you? A vague map, or an in game picture of the Spire?

Lord Friendship:
I'll provide any info you guys need, but honestly I'm not sure what the problem here is.  I don't know why the Beach BOB despawns, but I'm about 75% sure it's tied to the dropship order.  I don't think you can get him to show up before the dropships arrive.

Imppa:
So, WHEN does the drop pod drop?

While I've played the Beach part (just for fun :P), I don't recall ever having seen a BOB, actually. All that I've noticed is that the next wave wont arrive until you've killed all of the enemies of the earlier wave.
So, I just thought: could we use this fact for our gain?
The BOB doesn't ALWAYS despawn, does it? That should mean that it's respawn time is not affected by the same variables that affect the Spirit (assuming that it's the Spirit that causes the despawn). Could it be possible to simply wait for the BOB to drop, and not killing any of the Covenant in the meantime, preventing the next wave to land?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version