Halo ODST > ODST General Discussion

How Bungie should have done it....

<< < (2/3) > >>

sep7ember:
Thanks nightcrafter

The bridge run was successfully completed, on legendary with Iron skull on, back in early 2011 - however, one of us would die in the early attempts and I'm not sure if we reset the game from the beginning of the FF match before the final, successful try, I've found in the past that for some Vidmasters and the like, with the iron skull on, a fail means a full reload of the game.

As Imppa (I think) pointed out, Lumumba.0624 is the ID of two cameras, one in district 9 overlooking the cube sculpture towards Dutch's crash site after escaping Uplift Reserve. It's shown during the end cut scene.
It is also the ID of the camera that starts the intro of Bucks first mission on Tayari plaza, if memory serves, it's the camera up and to Bucks left.

The Bungie logo is just below the F in the OF, you can just make it out in the above pic.

And KKU.DDL is to be found on most of the SI wall papers, on the ODST themed controller and I think I remember it in SI view in the some of the cut scenes.

@ Scatcycle
Its funny, I've read soooo many of your posts, your like a friend I've never met.
Your right, not solo, as I posted above - 4 man team, "disguised" as Buck, Dutch, Romeo and Mickey. I've done it solo.
Not to sure re time zones though. I thought just simply your local time would be enough. That's probably all the game code would be looking for, the time on the xbox of the party leader. Although if that didn't work we could look into time zones and PST and others.  Oh and no doors to unlock Scatcycle, I think we are looking for something to appear on the "Access open" sign above the door leading out of the Kikowani district.

Insane Monx:
Do you guys remember this? I think it's something along the lines of this. You weren't supposed to sign into Xbox Live when doing that easter egg because people said it would fix your clock back. This means you'd have to play local, which goes against your theory, sep7ember. I can help by doing this with 4 people and having party leader set their timezone to EAT, or maybe even everybody. It just depends on what the game code would need to look for.

I might try doing it local on my own time. But until then, let me know when we need to do it with 4 people.

ColdGlider:
That was a worthy post, Sep7ember.  I feel this forum returning to its roots...

I recommend using the calendar to schedule times for people to meet.  Don't wait for me!

Imppa:

--- Quote from: sep7ember on April 28, 2012, 22:05:55 ---As Imppa (I think) pointed out, Lumumba.0624 is the ID of two cameras, one in district 9 overlooking the cube sculpture towards Dutch’s crash site after escaping Uplift Reserve. It’s shown during the end cut scene.
It is also the ID of the camera that starts the intro of Bucks first mission on Tayari plaza, if memory serves, it’s the camera up and to Bucks left.

--- End quote ---

Yes, "Lumumba.0624" is the ID of the camera in the ending cutscene of the mission..but I don't think it's the same for Buck's mission. "Kikowani.0624" is the hypothetical camera in D9, I think, near Kikowani Station. However, the said cameras do not exist in physical form, so for me it became a bit questionable if it really was a clue...

Nevertheless, great research sep7ember! Even though there are some pretty far stretches here and there, and some holes could indeed be picked, I simply wish you the best of luck, for the most important thing is research! :)

Jedichef:

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on April 28, 2012, 00:43:29 ---Nice theory there. I do have a few questions though. You and your friends just stopped trying to get across the bridge? You made some good connections, there may be more to it. I remember Waypoint had a video on holding out on the bridge, IIRC. Good job on the new analysis on the "Hollow Men". Where do you see the Bungie logo in the orange sign? You may have miss spoken, but what do you mean by 'Lumumba'? And what about the KKU.DDL file, is this from the posters?

--- End quote ---

we made it across the bridge LASO and found nothing, however if u put the camera under the bridge in the water you can see through a gap and it appears there is a big square building behind the walls on the side where the phantom and wraiths are, for what its worth??

If you look directly at the sign, down the side its says lumbuma0624, you cant see it in the pic above but its deffo there.

KKU,DDl appears on the controller in the camera shots in Sadie's story and in the cut scenes in game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version