Halo ODST > ODST General Discussion

Ingame number/coding EE hint systems

(1/5) > >>

Atarigen:
 I am looking for any help available to use in game number/ lettering codes to further the search for secret content in ODST. If anyone can help point out in game codes for me to use in a hint search it would help greatly. These codes could be found in Campaign, or FF. I do not yet know if license plates apply. I will give them a look also. My progress is made in spurts due to scheduling. I will make an effort to report our findings. I will also introduce others to the EE hint system. I really is great fun! I hope to see you here.

ColdGlider:
Please explain what you mean by this "EE" system you keep posting about.

nightcrafter27:
Ok dude, you need to slow down a little bit. Sorry for this, but my maternal instincts are kicking in.

Don't abbreviate things until we are all on the same page, because too much is getting lost in compression. We have no idea what this EE or ERR thing is. Please explain what these are.

If you reference something, provide a link if its the first reference in the thread. The SGP isn't just gathering this research for ourselves, but also for anyone who browses this site. While you do post the links later, this post would be a lot less confusing if you had posted the links in the first place.

Watch out for necroing. Unless you have some major work to post, it usually isn't worth it. This thread is a repeat of what you say here. However, that post is in a thread thats nearly four years old. See what I'm saying?

I'm personally glad you're here. Your ideas, research and work are valuable, and we want to hear it. However, none of it will be shared unless you communicate a bit more clearly.

Atarigen:
 Sorry for the late response. I actually tried to respond earlier today, but Lap top battery died.. I have not had much time yet to revisit ODST yet. I do remember number searches that were being done in relation to ODST. I remember Vehicle license plates were discovered to be Spartan service numbers. There were cut scene numbers/codes/times that were speculated about as to their meaning. While searching Halo 4 for Easter eggs I noticed one particular code that repeated throughout the game. This code was NER 1204. When I searched NER what I found was Named Entity Recognizer. Link http://nlp.stanford.edu/software/CRF-NER.shtml. I am not  a computer science major but basically NER is a system for information storage, and retrieval. In this Easter egg hint system there are several prefixes that I found in Halo 4.  Several prefixes may be used with a number suffix such as  NER, RR NR,ER., and ERR. For example, When I searched ER 1204 I found a hint for a Halo 4 Easter egg solution for the campaign level Composer. http://www.flickr.com/photos/36293152@N03/4595787735/ Now if I change the search prefix to NR 1204 it takes me to a Easter egg hint for ODST which I have not talked about yet. Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfV5JBQui1o. In this case NER 1204 takes you to a Youtube channel in which the real hint is video NR 1205. So with this first example I feel that this system if not an ARG itself, is meant to be used with existing ARG's. This system may be found to connect all Halo Arg's

So before I'm asked the video NER 1205 may be referencing an rainbow ray ODST Easter Egg speculation I am working on. My speculation is that the Halo rainbow around the sun in ODST's Tayari Palza mission can be altered by activating switches for that part of the mission. I have not been able to confirm this yet since my last run. What I believe I activated was  2 rainbow rays emanating from the central Halo Rainbow. I do have video of this that is not yet rendered. I just have not been able to confirm that the rays are not present before my tinkering. If there was any activation it was not finished due to time. If the Halo was represented by a compass the rays were pointing west, and south. It kind of reminded me of Requiems interior beams.

Update: Bingo! I have taken a second look at the Halo Rainbow on Tayari Plaza without tinkering, and there appears to be no rays eliminating from it. I will post a vid of them soon.

Scatcycle:
I can't tell if I'm too behind to understand any of this, or if it's all just random speculation. Like how on earth is a wedding related to halo?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version