Halo Reach > Halo Reach: Beta

SGP: Shotcode spotted in Reach Screenshot - ARG?

<< < (2/12) > >>

Scatcycle:
Great work guys! This site seems mysterious... Lets get crackin!

I went to the contact page, and its probably just a coincidence, but the guy lives in some place called Rotterdam. Has anyone read Enders Shadow? Because Bean, the main character, lives in that town scavenging for food. Im pretty sure there are alot of Enders Game references in halo, so that similarity strikes me. Enders Shadow is the book Enders Game from one of the Battle School students point of view. Its very interesting.

My four shotcodes are attached. The first two are the picture drawn over, and the last two are effects. The first two the same, just one is inverted. The same goes with the last two.

The Arkaeologist:

--- Quote from: Imppa on May 16, 2010, 20:17:45 ---
--- Quote ---Sed non dolor sit amet diam rhoncus condimentum. Aliquam erat volutpat. Donec ut mi eget nisl mattis condimentum. Nulla euismod leo in nunc scelerisque congue pharetra magna tempor. Etiam libero nulla, cursus vitae sodales quis, malesuada eget quam. Vestibulum rhoncus fermentum tortor a gravida. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Aenean rutrum eros quis odio placerat a adipiscing diam venenatis. Sed congue, leo sed aliquam vehicula, nulla diam dignissim erat, eget scelerisque massa lacus eget lacus. Phasellus vitae velit velit, nec molestie dolor. Donec placerat risus at mi dapibus facilisis sit amet sed eros. Nam interdum eleifend ligula eget tristique. Fusce eget tortor in justo iaculis auctor. Morbi lobortis lectus vitae erat tempor sit amet commodo eros suscipit.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Working on it....

In Spanish, 'sed' and 'dolor' mean thirst and pain respectively.  It seems to be a mix of Latin, Romance languages and maybe Greek?....

Here it is with the Latin parts translated into English by some random translator website.  (And yeah, are they messing with me?  There are lions everywhere I go.):
But not pain he is amet diam rhoncus condimentum. Some was volutpat. Up to the time when when mi eget nisl mattis condimentum. Nulla euismod lion upon now crime to congeal a quiver magna transitory. As yet to set free nulla , a race life fellowship anyone malesuada eget how. Vestibulum rhoncus fermentum tortor a pregnant. A fleet of a hundred ships aptent silently sociosqu to to propitiate to turn very conubia our , very beginner himenaeos. Eneus rutrum eros anyone to hate to please a to come up to diam venenatis. But to congeal , lion but some conveyance nulla diam dignissim was eget crime massa a hollow eget a hollow. Phasellus life skirmish skirmish , and not annoyance pain. Up to the time when to please laughter but mi seneschal easy he is amet but eros. For sometimes eleifend ligula eget to make sad. Fusce eget tortor upon equity a thrower person responsible. Sickness lobortis bed life was transitory he is amet to make fit eros to raise up.

Here with the Spanish translated:
Odd thirst pain sit amet diam rhoncus condimentum.  Aliquam erat volutpat.  Donec ut my eget nisl mattis condimentum.  Nulla euismod I read in nunc scelerisque congue pharetra great tempor.  Etiam I free nulla, cursus vitae sodales quis, malesuada eget quam.  Vestibulum rhoncus fermentum tortor to gravida.  Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.  Aenean rutrum Eros quis I hate placerat to adipiscing diam venenatis.  Thirst congue, I read thirst aliquam vehicula, nulla diam dignissim erat, eget scelerisque massa lacus eget lacus.  Phasellus vitae velit velit, nec molestie pain.  Donec placerat risus at my dapibus facilisis sit amet thirst Eros.  Nam interdum eleifend ligula eget tristique.  Fusce eget tortor in just iaculis auctor.  Morbi lobortis lectus vitae erat tempor sit amet commodo Eros suscipit.

And WHAT IN THE WORLD?  Why does the text example in this Wikipedia article about text-formatting bear so many resemblances to the text in question?

Ah, I see.  :o  The text appears to be "dummy copy," which is derived from Cicero's "The Extremes of Good and Evil." It does appear altered though (though dummy copy often is).  We probably should find the "best" version of this so-called dummy copy, overlay it with the text in question, and highlight the altered sections.  I'm handing this off for the moment.  Great find, Imppa.

Pulse Cloud:
@Imppa:
That is clearly Lorem Ipsum.

@The Arkaeologist:
Lorem Ipsum is generated "always free from repetition" so, even if you generate 150 paragraphs of Lorem Ipsum, only some sentences from Imppa's LIpsum will match the text you generated.
The site you linked, lipsum.com, generates up to 150 paragraphs of LIpsum, so you could actually try to get some matches, if you're inclined to do so.. Don't waste your time, though.

@Everyone about Imppa's LIpsum:
There's nothing here, just forget it...
The only remotely relevant thing is LIpsum's derivation from Cicero's "The Extremes of Good and Evil", but I wouldn't waste time with that...

The Arkaeologist:
Hmmmmm....Bungie made a reference to "Tokyo Rules" in its ad campaign for ODST.  I don't know if it's legit - it looks like a google adsense con - but in the comments section of this joystiq article Shmil refers us to http://tokyorules.com/, where we encounter Lorem Ipsum.

Pulse is probably right though....a time suck.

And btw reading Bungie and game mag threads makes my head hurt!  Three cheers for the sgp!

Imppa:
*bangs head to the wall*
I so saw this coming. I was aware of Lorem Ipsum, but I wasn't aware that there are variations of it. I feel dumb now.
Oh well, it WAS just crazytalk. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version