Author Topic: Prop man!! ( playing with cinamatics )  (Read 3029 times)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
Prop man!! ( playing with cinamatics )
« on: December 21, 2009, 00:06:49 »
Do you want to help set up scenes in ODST!?!

Of course you do

What the 'F' is Enigma talking about? Well..Thanks to Dr ColdGlider( it will catch on), we now know we can add our own flare (no, not that blinding light) in game cinematic.

Directions:

First time around, Beat a chapter, view the in game cut scene, map out prime locations for placing items or bodies.
Second time around, get the desired item/body to your prime location, set it up and trigger the cinematic.

ZombieElites: Zombie movies Suggestion.

On topic and theory: I think we could make a fully erected (lol) elite stand up for a duration of a cut scene.

It would have to be done on Campaign Mission: Tayari Plaza ( This is one of the only missions that has dead elites) I think its really the only level we can do it on.

How can we get it to stand that long?

Well I have a sound theory: When ever an In game cut scene occurs EVERYTHING else in and around the environment freezes.

How or why would I think that?

well...Have you ever been attacked while in a in game cut scene?....answer is no.

This most likely would have to be a Co-op game one person trying to stand the elite while the other gets ready to active the cut scene ( buy opening the Pod door )

Again this HAS been tested ( with plinths )but should still ring true for the elites. The real a$$ kicker will be getting the elite all the way to the end of the chapter....

After doing this post, I thought to my self, Hey I wonder....could I "block" an event or cause the "actors" to interact with my set? Maybe.... If I could get some bigger items such as cars, trucks, or boxes to a event area I could force the characters to acknowledge it.... lol.. imagine a scene where you hear the normal dialog but you see a car talking to a box or elite talking to a plinth.

Im sure I forgot something...( I have ADD )

Hornet 416 (Vandal)

• Now thats what i call a Explosion
    • View Profile
Re: Prop man!! ( playing with cinamatics )
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 00:08:38 »
Sounds Cool  ::)
*Stares At Wall*

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 01:52:44 »
Sounds Cool  ::)

this

i remember on halo 3 you could get dead bodies and other stuff in the cutscenes and odst runs off the halo 3 campaign so it should work

i`ll give it a go sometime
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:38:02 »
We know for sure that it works.  I forced the Charlie Plinth into the CM:TP ending cinematic.  It just sat there in the background like some weird easter egg.  Very cool.  I demonstrated this to Enigma in-game.

For any planned hijinx, you want to know the lay of the land.  Let's look at CM:TP district progression:
D06 > D08 > D05.
In other words, you begin in D06.  You enter D08.  You then enter D05.  The mission when you open Dare's pod.

If the campaign loading process works the same way in CM:TP as it does in CM:MS, what will happen is that any objects you brings from D06 into D08 will despawn when you hit the D05 preload boundary.

This is bad news, because the dead elite bodies are in D06.

For this endeavor, I suggest we belay the theorizing about whether the game engine continues to process enemy movements, etc and just go do it to find out!  You can play this mission on Easy and never kill a single enemy.  I takes all of 2 minutes, I think.  

Here are two tips based on my experience:

Quote from: O Brother Where Art Thou?
DO NOT seek the treasure!
(whoops) what I meant was DO NOT go into D05 until you have your objects assembled and ready to go over the line into D05.  When you're ready, inch those suckers just over the district boundary without going too far into D05.  Why?  Because that DD between D08 and D05 permanently closes on you if you walk too far into D05.  You don't want the objects you just kicked across two districts to be locked behind you, do you?

Block the scene.  This is a theater/film term which- in this context- equates to figuring out exactly where in Dare's crash site your objects should be placed so that they appear where you want them when the cinematic runs.  You may think you have the perfect place to put your plinth, only to find out that the cinematic camera's perspective causes another object to completely obscure the view of it.  This is what Enigma has been explaining in his posts.  Basically you want to first become familiar with the cinematic without trying to alter it.  Take note of which shots are the longest and try to get your object into that shot.  Make your first attempts with something easy to move and repeat the process until you have it in the right area.  Once you have found the right area, take note of where exactly on the floor it was placed so that you can always do it again later.

I look forward to the crazy movies we'll be watching once the SGP Film Project gets rolling!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 04:39:43 by ColdGlider »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 13:05:14 »
i should be able to bring a hunter in right? as if you bring a brute(berserk) from the cold sector of data hive to the door he doesn`t count as a enemy and you can bring him over to the cutscene where he stands there

i can`t get a film as you need the cop to die

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 14:29:22 »
I tried to lure the Hunter to the pod OG, but with no success. :(
But this idea is great! Can't wait 'till the first ones are ready! ;D
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 14:31:46 »

oh thank god another member i was alone with 6 guests

EPIC CREEPINESS anyway i shall start trying this out

BTW how did you fail did he just leave or deload
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:22:27 by Imppa »

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 23:17:18 »
i got this to work on mombasa streets with the plinths and dares helmet but forgot to put vid in FS

but this gave me a conclusion could we get it to work with every mombasa streets cutscene i tried on uplift reserve to block the hole in the wall but didn`t work either  >:(

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 02:06:45 »
You will be limited the the CM:TP ending cine, the CM:KB ending cine, and perhaps the beginning CM:KS cine will work.

You need to be IN the district where the cine takes place just before you trigger it.

EDIT:  Actually, OG has pointed out a few more possibilities I overlooked in his FAQ-in-progress.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 16:06:18 by ColdGlider »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 06:24:33 »

oh thank god another member i was alone with 6 guests

EPIC CREEPINESS anyway i shall start trying this out

BTW how did you fail did he just leave or deload

It just wouldn't come over the line. At one point, when it was reallly close to the door, it started going backwards. When I tried to follow it to push it back, it turned around and started running!
Poor Hunter. Let's not force them to do what they don't want to, OK?  ;)

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 09:55:42 »
The AI might be programmed to stay in the district they spawn in (in the hunters case, when the script tells them to stop running). The brutes going aggro might overwrite the script though...
...this coffee sucks.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 12:25:12 »
Don't raging brutes warp back to their district when they go trough the doors? (Or something?)

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 13:06:31 »
The AI might be programmed to stay in the district they spawn in (in the hunters case, when the script tells them to stop running). The brutes going aggro might overwrite the script though...

i led a brute on TP no luck he vanished maybe it only works with inanimated objects(trucks,cars ect) unless you`re lucky

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 18:12:08 »
Sadly, I think you will be limited to the Grunts that you find in TP when you get there.  They are the only "indigenous" creatures to D05.  Enemies from D08 (the adjacent district where you normally fight the Hunters) will despawn (or respawn) when they cross through the DDs into D05.

Quote from: Aliens
Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?  Ma'am, I already said it was not indigenous.  It was a derelict spacecraft.  An alien ship.  It was not from there.  Do you get it?

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 18:43:01 »
Sadly, I think you will be limited to the Grunts that you find in TP when you get there.  They are the only "indigenous" creatures to D05.  Enemies from D08 (the adjacent district where you normally fight the Hunters) will despawn (or respawn) when they cross through the DDs into D05.

Wait, hold on, I thought the hunters came from D05...isn't the gate activated by them? I could have sworn after you clear out D05, the D08 doors open and the Hunters came rolling out...am I wrong?