Halo ODST > ODST General Discussion

Anyone still hunting?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Scatcycle:
Hello Twistid! Welcome aboard! Id love to hunt with you. I still play it alot looking for more mysteries! I'll add you. My 'tags Scatcycle.

Edit: inb4 monx tries to tell me that there's no bloom

Lol scrub

sep7ember:
Yes.. Still looking, and finding.

About a week ago, a friend of mine, jedichefdave, was getting bored of Bob bashing (not a euphemism) and found himself wandering down Data Hive just looking., when he came across Morse code emanating from one of the computer consoles, a quick bit of research on Google showed it had be found before buy a few people but nothing had been done about it.

He got me interested and we went back to have a listen, sure enough underneath the beeps and ticks of the computer there was Morse. Half an hour later I had a 27min video of the Rookie stood still, staring at the floor of Data Hive.

But, the Morse was intriguing, short bursts with 15-20sec in between, and they where of different lengths so they weren't the same. 

I ripped the sound track from the video, cut it into sections and emailed them to my Dad, who, back in the day - was a ham radio operator and knew Morse code- Yippee.

Two days later I received this little gem,

HW MNI WERE GG TO ST IVES?
THANK GOD ITS YOU
KITS CATS SACKS YFS
EAT THE PATH
NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRUM PERINAEUM
ES EVERY CAT HD 7 KITS
ES EVERY SACK HD 7 CATS
FROG BLAST THE VENT CORE
SEVEN IS DARKER
THIS FISH DO NOT EAT
WATCH YOUR STEP
ES EVERY YF HD 7 SACKS
THANK GOD ITS YOU
ES EVERY SACK HD 7 CATS
NON FACETE NOBIS CACITRARE VESTRUM PERIANEUM
KITS CATS SACKS YFS
EAT THE PATH
THIS FISH DO NOT EAT
AS I WAS GG TO ST IVES
SEVEN IS DARKER
ES EVERY CAT HD 7 KITS
WATCH YOUR STEP
I MET A MAN WID 7 YFS
ES EVERY CAT HD 7 KITS
THIS FISH DO NOT EAT
SEVEN IS DARKER
ES EVERY YF HD 7 SACKS
AS I WAS GG TO ST IVES
KITS CATS SACKS YFS

This is as it came, each line is a single burst of Morse, obviously randomly chosen, and for all you young-uns out there who think txt slang is new, please note, this is ITU short hand and has been around since the telegraph.

Sorry if this is all out there somewhere, and please tell us if it is, but we couldn't find anything posted about it anywhere.

PS anybody else think J banners look like punch cards.

nightcrafter27:
Where have I heard of 7 bags with 7 cats before? Research time!

Also, this fish do not eat is Soffish.

Edit:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_you_were_going_to_saint_ives_you_met_a_man_with_7_wives_each_wife_had_seven_bags_each_bag_had_seven_cats_each_cat_had_seven_kittens_how_many_were_going_to_saint_ives

--- Quote ---When you were going to saint ives you met a man with 7 wives each wife had seven bags each bag had seven cats each cat had seven kittens how many were going to saint ives?
--- End quote ---
For those wondering, ES stands for 'and'

Edit 2:
http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/Words_and_Phrases
This page explains lots of things as bungie memes, such as frogblast the vent core.

Good job sep7ember! +KFY!

sep7ember:
cheers nightcrafter

I've followed SGP since the beginning, I just don't post often.

Apologies too, I should have included that jedi and I already know this needs no further research..... its all Bungie lore, pretty much. We just thought it needed "putting out there" and I new just the place!!  ;)

Insane Monx:
Nice, sep7ember.

That's pretty interesting  :laugh:

If you still play ODST and want to explore or need help just send me an invite or something.

GT: Insane Monx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version