Author Topic: Invincible covenant on The Package  (Read 1205 times)

Vandal

• View Profile
Invincible covenant on The Package
« on: February 20, 2011, 19:48:51 »
Let me start off with how this happened.  My brother and I had finished a game of trying to destroy the falcons on Exodus and decided to spend time messing around with the banshees on The Package, as he was on an offline account and if we were in the game for a long time he would get more cR.  I decided to blow up the AA guns and took a ghost close to Sword Base (I shall call it SB), and then went back to get the banshees. Considering this made Noble Team spawn when we took the banshees to SB, it caused the covies and NT to spawn but with some side effects; They were invincible!

Upon entering the area with them, we managed to assassinate them after quite a long time of tricking them into looking at one of us as the other got behind to get the kill. However, at one point an elite major picked his Plasma Rifle back up from the ground, even though he should have been dead, and we had to assassinate him again.

Now let me post about what I think makes this happen:

1) First you must destroy the AA guns and kill everyone around.
2) Next you have to go to where the 3 ghosts and the Sniper tower with 2 FRG grunts in it and wait for Carter to tell you to "move it."
3) Now go back and activate the switches for the banshees, then head to SB.
4) Now fly to it, get a loading zone, then fly back in the direction of the start of the level.
5) Head back to SB and check if anyone is there.

And now I will post the pictures and the link to the video(it is the entire video; keep in mind that you do not have to go further than 40 minutes in, unless you want to see me and an elite on top of a phantom and me getting launched into the air)

Jun and Emile rush the covenant, but left their weapons at home.

Elite chews his arm.

The jackals are tricky, as you can only tell he is dead by looking at the far one who has no weapon.

My brother is flanked by two weaponless grunts.

Jun and Emile attempt to beat up a grunt with invisible weapons.

INFINITE CONFETTI!

This is the troublesome elite that picked his weapon back up.

Welcome to the family!

<This post has officially been PHANHAMMAHD, and is now grammatically correct!>
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:20:10 by Phantasm 08 »
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

When Russian troops got into Berlin in WWII whenever the street they were going down was barricaded, it took them 2 hours and 15 minutes to get through, 2 hours laughing hysterically and 15 minutes tearing the barricade down.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Invincible covenant on The Package
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 19:57:31 »
Very nice.
You could try replicating this and then make a Guide.

Your signature is a bit too large, though.  :police:
I am tree.

Vandal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 20:26:58 »
Very nice.

I did not notice the signature, my brother must have put it on

When Russian troops got into Berlin in WWII whenever the street they were going down was barricaded, it took them 2 hours and 15 minutes to get through, 2 hours laughing hysterically and 15 minutes tearing the barricade down.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 20:30:07 »
Very nice.
Since this is already the second time Invincible covenant have been found, a guide truly would be in the place. It should also be investigated what is the cause of this weird glitch.
Perhaps make it a banner (less height)?

You really need to start using separate accounts man, this is getting way too confusing for me...xP
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Vandal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 20:34:01 »
Very nice.
Since this is already the second time Invincible covenant have been found, a guide truly would be in the place. It should also be investigated what is the cause of this weird glitch.

You really need to start using separate accounts man, this is getting way too confusing for me...xP

Meh CG has promised me my OG account back but he has not gave me the password yet, Also Phantasm believes it is because we skipped a loading zone thus causing the covies to not have their death thing because that did happen on Exodus even though that does not explain the jackals that can be killed

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 22:47:15 »
Very nice.

Meh CG has promised me my OG account back but he has not gave me the password yet, Also Phantasm believes it is because we skipped a loading zone thus causing the covies to not have their death thing because that did happen on Exodus even though that does not explain the jackals that can be killed
Did you email him? I messaged you his account... (not private message, actual email).

Well, it looks like the cause of this was... anti bumping? By bumping the 2 Guns district and then successful bumping the Gate district when coming back,  it appears that you triple bumped... by bumping the Courtyard district.

Wait, wut?
I feel it

Vandal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 00:04:46 »
Very nice.

Did you email him? I messaged you his account... (not private message, actual email).

Well, it looks like the cause of this was... anti bumping? By bumping the 2 Guns district and then successful bumping the Gate district when coming back,  it appears that you triple bumped... by bumping the Courtyard district.

Wait, wut?

???

Yeah I had no idea about that, I just wanted to fly but I guess when I do one thing I end up doing another thing by mistake with it  8)

Phantasm 08

• SGP Moderator
  • Scatcodes are the Gruntz Pajamaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 00:46:45 »
Very nice.

Think of Races.  You have to follow the track, and go through the checkpoints to move on.  The loading checkpoints are just like these zones, and sometimes it's possible to still follow the track (level) without going through the checkpoint.  When you do this, the next section is only partially loaded.  The enemies are possibly loaded at different times, in order to avoid pauses in the game while it loads an entire battalion of troops.  Some of the enemies are loaded, and then other information (their death animations, the damage counters used to calculate how they get injured) is added just as you get there. 

The big thing about this game is that it doesn't load everything at once.  It adds things in gradually, and likely takes things away gradually, to make room for the new things.  So, the shielded jackals may have had their damage counters loaded already, while the rest didn't. 

It's not the same as it was in ODST, because of the different game engines.  But in ODST, bump glitching required avoiding the loading checkpoints in order to de-load a previous district.  This is the same thing, in that we're avoiding the loading checkpoints to go somewhere that isn't fully loaded.
01010000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100101 01110010 01100111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101110