Halo ODST > Theorizers

Returning to Halo CE...

(1/4) > >>

CS1Energypyre:
Recently the 'Warning: Hitch-hikers may be escaping convicts' phrase has been stuck in my head. That's made me think... has anyone tried to replicate Halo: CE by doing the final level in just the warthog?

Apollo Doom:
Just did so on solo Heroic, brought the same warthog the whole way and nothing new.

HOWEVER.  I did notice that in the ending cutscene there are 3 ODST beneath the Phantom after Buck pushes Dare and Virgil up into the Phantom.  1 is the Rookie, 1 is Buck.  Who is the other one?  Everyone else is still in the Phantom.

Pulse Cloud:
@Apollo Doom
Could you provide a pic? Cause that way we can easily compare "it"'s armor with the others without having to play the whole level.

Scatcycle:
well i was trying this, but i got RRoD... so i got nothing to tell ya. I would assume its dutch tho. hes nice. he probly came down and helped.

ColdGlider:
EnergyPyre has reminded me of something I've suggested to some of you online: completing the game without killing a single enemy.  This was somewhat of a half-cooked idea on my part because of the flashback missions:

* Kizingo Boulevard requires that you clear the enemies at the end of the mission to end it.
* Kikowani Station requires that you destroy a Scarab
* Coastal Highway requires that you protect Dare and Vergil
Note:  starting the Mombasa Streets mission from the beginning allows you to avoid clearing the starting area of enemies in order to unlock the first door; it begins unlocked.

So perhaps:
"Returning to Marathon..."

The original Vidmaster Challenge was posed to Marathon players by Bungie co-founder Jason Jones (as user "igne ferroque") through usenet (alt.games.marathon) on 1995.01.25 00:22:53 GMT:

--- Quote ---I challenge anyone who thinks they rule at Marathon to complete all of
the game's levels on Total Carnage starting with only the pistol and
x1 health (via Command-Option Begin Game).  Upload your replays!

I've just done "Bob-B-Q" and "Beware of Low-Flying Defense Drones", anyone
want to see?  I imagine that "Pfhoraphobia" will be impossible, but I
haven't tried it yet.

Later,
Jason
--- End quote ---

You can see this for yourself in Google's Usenet archives here.

What does this mean for ODST? 

There are many ways we could attempt replicate this challenge.  The two obvious methods:

* Complete the game on Legendary using only the starting weapons.
* Complete the game on Mythic using only the starting weapons.
Just a thought.  Perhaps something for Recon Team Alpha to try once they finally assemble.

WTG Apollo on testing the Warthog idea on CM:CH!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version