Halo ODST > Intel

SGP: OXM UK issue 52 Bungie Interview: FINALLY!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pulse Cloud:

--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz2 on January 12, 2010, 21:02:23 ---that is the only extra thing that happens after collecting all of the comm.....

--- End quote ---

Are you sure? ;)

odst glitcher:
eastereggs? on legendary lots i gotta go searching on legendary  :)

also about that fiddling with cutscenes has anyone tried with the others not just the ending

thebraino:
Thanks for the post! It gives a good amount of direction.

Dunder Moose:
There is another change with all logs.  When you locate Vergil in the control room the original has you raise your Sub-mg to blow him away and Dare talks you down.  If you have all the COMMs she raises her pistol and you gently push it down.  Then you whistle and he comes out.

So maybe the Pure Fan Service is a combination of the resolution to Sadie's story (what happened to her dad), your ability to strike back at Kinzler's croney, and the silent Rookie knowing more about the situation then the Oni operative.

Or maybe it's just that you whistle.  The Rookie does a Snakeyes routine through the whole game.

Slightly off-topic but I dislike it when they make the main character too blank a slate.  I understand that Master Chief is interesting because we don't see his face, but his voice has definite character.  The Rookie as proxy is in my opinion a waste of a good chance to characterize. 

I think this was most horribly applied in MechAssault 2, where the whiney lady only refers to you as "Mechwarrior," and you wordlessly hulk and glower in all the cutscenes while they react to emergencies and tell you what to do.  Instead of looking like an intimidating tabula rasa the character looks like a voiceless idiot lead around by minor characters.

Pulse Cloud:

--- Quote from: Dunder Moose on January 13, 2010, 15:40:24 ---If you have all the COMMs she raises her pistol and you gently push it down.  Then you whistle and he comes out.

--- End quote ---

I though that happened if we hadn't killed a single Engineer in CM:MS (think 'Good Samaritan')....
And I achieved Good Samaritan before having all the logs.

Are you sure about that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version