Halo Reach > Intel

Bungie Aerospace - Reach ARG opportunity?

(1/9) > >>

ColdGlider:
Read this post on attackofthefanboy.com for an interesting patent filed by Bungie. 

BNET user "SBTTLS" posted a message here containing a link to a Bungie Aerospace web page at http://bungieaerospace.com/.

this blogger has speculated on the phrase "Per Audacia Ad Astra", but I strongly disagree that it's a Star Trek reference.

My interpretation would be "Boldly Going to the Stars", which is a somewhat more literal interpretation than the classic Star Trek line and applies more directly to aerospace.  I base this on the University of Notre Dame's online latin dictionary which assisted with confirming that "audacia" could be interpreted in a positive light in addition to meaning "audacious".

As June approaches, members interested in a possible Reach ARG might want to check in on the Bungie Aerospace just in case it gets tied in.  (But keep your eyes fixed primarily on Bungie.net, since odds are that the first clue will be there.)

Imppa:
I feel more, like...
Bungie's Next Game?

nightcrafter27:
Bungie has so much talent already hired, and a gigantic fanbase. If they wanted to head for the real stars, Bungie can pull on so many rich resources. Think of it;
1. Bungie makes a bunch of awesome games.
2. Millions of people fall in love with the games, and Bungie.
3. Now they have millions of people that they could call upon to do a favor (like "Everyone send in a couple of aluminum cans!" Bam! A few tons of aluminum, relitively cost free).
4. Bungie enters the space race.
5. ????
6. PROFIT!
7. World Domination!

All joking aside, this would be an ingenious way to do anything: get the power of the people.

ColdGlider:
I took a peek over at halo.bungie.org and found two interesting interview.  In this one, Joe Staten drops the Aerospace motto in the context of releasing games on multiple platforms:

--- Quote ---Brian Jarrard: The internet is fickle, I'm sure by the time we have real stuff to show and talk about, available on more platforms than before, people won't care so much who ships it to them.

Joe Staten: PER AUDACIA AD ASTRA!!!
--- End quote ---

I side with those who believe Bungie Aerospace is a brand representing the comany's new game engine.  The new engine is probably what is enabling the company to develop cross-platform titles, which would explain Staten's outburst.

Just thought I'd share...

The Arkaeologist:
Just to make our heads spin:  the final word of each of the three parts of the Divine Comedy is 'stars.'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version