Halo ODST > Report In!

The Engineer in Halo 3: ODST has a name.

<< < (3/3)

Scatcycle:
Is there a video of that last part? I can't tell if he's saying that last line jokingly or not. If not, it would kind of imply that they didn't spend much time on it, nor even confirmed that the secret could be found. Perhaps they did mess up.

Imppa:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on August 18, 2014, 17:08:46 ---Is there a video of that last part? I can't tell if he's saying that last line jokingly or not. If not, it would kind of imply that they didn't spend much time on it, nor even confirmed that the secret could be found. Perhaps they did mess up.

--- End quote ---

Can't find one, and there probably isn't one, since it sounds like it was a closed press conference.

Whether or not the line was a joke or not can only be confirmed by Staten itself: we need only to ask, right?

Now that I'm thinking that line more carefully, though, it's strange: Staten is actually talking about "clues" and "the mysteries of New Mombasa". Besides this, have we ever REALLY heard anyone from Bungie actually talk about any kind of mysteries in ODST? Unless Staten is talking about the story of the game itself or Sadie's Story/References to Dante, this is actually quite..big?

We're straying from the topic a lot now, though. I admit that the canonity of Quick to Adjust is a bit questionable, but if we were to pursue the QTA XII/VI mystery more, we should remember the possibility of it linking to Vergil's true name.

I also feel I should make a new post..

(By the way, I'm not sure if I was joking about the "ask Staten" thing. I mean, it would be pretty big itself to actually ask Staten if there really is a hidden mystery in ODST. Would we even want that?)

nightcrafter27:

--- Quote from: Imppa on August 19, 2014, 17:17:50 ---(Bu the way, I'm not sure if I was joking about the "ask Staten" thing. I mean, it would be pretty big itself to actually ask Staten if there really is a hidden mystery in ODST. Would we even want that?)

--- End quote ---

We've asked about the actual game's code controlling BOB spawns before; I think asking to simply confirm that there is something to find wouldn't be that big of a deal. That is, if we can find a way to contact him. A cursory search doesn't find any kind of email to contact Staten at, now that he works for Microsoft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version