Halo ODST > Report In!

The Engineer in Halo 3: ODST has a name.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Imppa:
I agree with CIA. the phrase "Their parents would name them accordingly" doesn't exactly imply that there would be a predefined set of names. Quick to Adjust should work just fine as a Hurakog name, implying that Virgil is a very versatile Engineer (especially considering how he linked into the SuperIntendent's system!).

Sure, Quick to Adjust might be a bit of an unimaginative alternative of Easy to Adjust, but I say it floats just fine.

seewhatIdidthere?

nightcrafter27:

--- Quote from: Imppa on August 13, 2014, 15:42:08 ---I agree with CIA.
--- End quote ---
Alright, I'll dig it. I'd just be arguing semantics if pursued this line of debate.

If the QTA XII/VI patch is indeed a reference to Vergil/Quick To Adjust, the secret is remarkably well hidden. I don't think there is any reference to the name Quick To Adjust except for the Catalog's post. It seems unlikely to be linked.

But while we're thinking about it, we might as well see what we can do. The player can only interact with Vegil at the end of CM: DH tHe beginning and end of CM: CH. Off the top of my head, I don't know what clips of Sadie's Story involve Vergil, But I do know there aren't enough Circles or Arks to match up with the numbers implied by XII and VI.

However, the Bungie PAX panel where the QTA patch was revealed challenged fans to solve the mystery before ODST was released. That means that the secret isn't in-game. Hurmph. I really hope somebody can show me where my train of thought went wrong.

Scatcycle:
This does bring up the question: was the secret of QTA 6/12 given to 343 industries? Personally I feel that bungie would not give it to them. And unfortunately there are no markings near that page. The names do come off as a list so I think from Staten's perspective, those 3 names are the only ones.

nightcrafter27:
I read it like Scat, as the list seemed to cover all the possibilities, and was to be the final word. But, it could be seen as several examples.

Imppa:

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on August 14, 2014, 18:32:57 ---I read it like Scat, as the list seemed to cover all the possibilities, and was to be the final word. But, it could be seen as several examples.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it could be like that. I mean, it is possible that Catalog made the name up, even if I wouldn't be too sure about that.

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on August 13, 2014, 22:43:37 ---However, the Bungie PAX panel where the QTA patch was revealed challenged fans to solve the mystery before ODST was released. That means that the secret isn't in-game. Hurmph. I really hope somebody can show me where my train of thought went wrong.

--- End quote ---

You're right, and you raise a good point, Scat. Perhaps it is just, as said, Quick Time Application on 6/12 aka the ODST trailer? (Not sure about this one..?)

Then again, (and this one has a bit better source):

--- Quote ---ChritopherGrant at Joystig.com writes:At a press event last night, Bungie's Joseph Staten teased that the Halo 3: ODST controller's cryptic text should provide some clues into the mysteries of New Mombasa (if he did his job correctly, he said).
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version