Halo Reach > Work-In-Progress (Halo: Reach)

Reach the Vidmaster!

(1/3) > >>

Phantasm 08:
Ok, one more thing to worry about, fuss over, and wear out our brains on.  This thing, right here:

We've all seen them, and most likely we've all got at least one of them killed on our career info on Bnet.  I personally have three at this point.  The task set before us is long and harrowing:  Find these bad boys, kill them, and see what happens.  We also need to figure out whether the boosting banshees (on New Alexandria and Exodus) and the white Elite on ONI actually count as BOBs.

Along with this, we will also hit switches.  We've found eight so far.  The Four Banshees (2).  The Rave (1).  The Siege of Madrigal (1).  The Pelican/Phantom Egg (1).  The Secret Room (1).  And the Reach Racers (2).  But what if there are more hidden, that have not been uncovered?  

Bring to the table any info you have on BOBs; where they spawn, what they look like (does the white BOB have any friends?), how long you have to kill them before they disappear, etc.  We want to make a fully comprehensive guide on the BOBs, which seems to be painfully lacking as of now.  One guide, that has everything one would need if they wish to find and kill BOBs.  This would include maps, detailed descriptions of the location, stats on how many shots it takes to knock out their shields, what weapons they carry, and so on.  If you think it'd be helpful, it wouldn't hurt to add it.  Let's get going, people!

Pulse Cloud:
I love the idea of mapping them and figuring out their Shield and Health points.

I just don't know what triggers them.
Does anyone know, actually?

ColdGlider:
Well done, 'asm!

There is also the Tribute Room switch outside of Halsey's Lab.  So much for the 7 switches theory.  

In addition to the comprehensive BOB guide, we will also need a comprehensive switch guide.

I'll see what I can do to help this effort along.  I strongly feel that this effort is where SGP researching time should be focused.  After all, it's a credible set of "easter eggs" which could potentially add up to become one behemoth easter egg, Voltron style.  Or it could be just like the original Vidmaster... you do it for bragging rights.  (Crossing my fingers there is a final easter egg, armor item, or at least a super-secret achievement!)

GO SGP!

Imppa:
Ah, finally we're picking this truly up. :)

TO DO:

* Origin
With this, I mean the reference to the Marathon Vidmaster challenge, where you had to beat the game with the highest difficulty, kill all the BOBs (Born On Board) and punch/activate all the switches. It was also (seemingly) required to always throw grenades when you could, but it is not included in the popular theory of unlocking special content in Halo: Reach.

* Bob locations
The Secrets thread on Bnet has quite a good database, but the Bob Megathread in the Reach Secrets Group forum seems to be even more accurate. I highly recommend joining and taking notes,  they've done some good job there. (If you read this, aruseus, then thank you! :) )

* Spawning/Triggering
Do all the Bobs in the level spawn, regardless the conditions? Or is it so that when you've killed one on the level, the rest do not spawn? And when does the Bob on Lone Wolf show up?
Important questions, let's investigate and get some answers, lab coats on. ;)

* Switches
All of them. I even do remember there being a lonely Jammer Switch on New Alexandria, hovering in air without any real purpose...Who knows, it might be important, too.

Phantasm 08:

--- Quote from: ColdGlider on February 28, 2011, 20:58:09 ---Well done, 'asm!

There is also the Tribute Room switch outside of Halsey's Lab.  So much for the 7 switches theory.  

In addition to the comprehensive BOB guide, we will also need a comprehensive switch guide.

I'll see what I can do to help this effort along.  I strongly feel that this effort is where SGP researching time should be focused.  After all, it's a credible set of "easter eggs" which could potentially add up to become one behemoth easter egg, Voltron style.  Or it could be just like the original Vidmaster... you do it for bragging rights.  (Crossing my fingers there is a final easter egg, armor item, or at least a super-secret achievement!)

GO SGP!

--- End quote ---

Oh yea, I forgot about the Secret Room.  Gah, and that was my favorite Easter Egg of them all, too!

--- Quote from: Imppa on February 28, 2011, 21:39:23 ---Ah, finally we're picking this truly up. :)

TO DO:

* Origin
With this, I mean the reference to the Marathon Vidmaster challenge, where you had to beat the game with the highest difficulty, kill all the BOBs (Born On Board) and punch/activate all the switches. It was also (seemingly) required to always throw grenades when you could, but it is not included in the popular theory of unlocking special content in Halo: Reach.

* Bob locations
The Secrets thread on Bnet has quite a good database, but the Bob Megathread in the Reach Secrets Group forum seems to be even more accurate. I highly recommend joining and taking notes,  they've done some good job there. (If you read this, aruseus, then thank you! :) )

* Spawning/Triggering
Do all the Bobs in the level spawn, regardless the conditions? Or is it so that when you've killed one on the level, the rest do not spawn? And when does the Bob on Lone Wolf show up?
Important questions, let's investigate and get some answers, lab coats on. ;)

* Switches
All of them. I even do remember there being a lonely Jammer Switch on New Alexandria, hovering in air without any real purpose...Who knows, it might be important, too.

--- End quote ---

I think that only one BOB spawns in a level, in one of its set spawn points, but the particular point is chosen at random.  That's my theory, anyways. 

Since I can't get on Live at this moment, I'll just do some out-of-game research and see what I find. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version