Halo ODST > Report In!

Dan Miller on Glyphs, Plinths, QTA and BOBs

<< < (5/6) > >>

Pulse Cloud:
Added a copy of the sent "thank you" email to OP.
Updated the PDF.

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: Dan Miller ---I don’t think you can attribute anything in Halo Legends as related to our stuff. Both things were built by separate teams.

--- End quote ---

So.... does this mean that BOBs have nothing to do with the GRD helmet?

ColdGlider:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on November 19, 2011, 02:47:37 ---
--- Quote from: Dan Miller ---I don’t think you can attribute anything in Halo Legends as related to our stuff. Both things were built by separate teams.

--- End quote ---

So.... does this mean that BOBs have nothing to do with the GRD helmet?

--- End quote ---

Correct.  Ever since Dave "Evil Otto" Candland at Bungie said so on 7/11/2011: CLICK HERE (LF's BOB GUIDE PART 1 @ 4:23)

One of his original responses from that day: http://m.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62986992&postRepeater1-p=2#62994136

He put the response on his FAQ.

--- Quote from: David "Evil Otto" Candland (July 11, 2011) ---One final post.
Just to clear things up and stop with all the PMs here is the quote directly from My FAQ.

Certain Affinity, under the direction of 343 industries, created the Defiant map pack. When Microsoft released screenshots of the Defiant pack, people noticed a previously un-seen helmet on one of the Spartans.

We at Bungie do not know what 343 has in store with this helmet, and the internet is full of theories. Like you, we will just have to wait and see what, if any, plans they have for it.

After the Bungie day Steaktacular, a rumor was started that this helmet made an appearance during the live stream in our armory. This rumor has picked up a lot of hype and momentum, with a lot of people professing to have seen it. They couldn't have. It was never there.

There is also some talk that I am feigning ignorance to cover something up. I am not. If I was in the know, I would simply say, "I can't talk about it."

--- End quote ---

But Dan Miller's response doubly confirms it, in my opinion.

Lord Friendship:
I have a theory that the BOBs and the mystery helmet are two totally unrelated things, but I'll save that speculation for another time.  What's interesting is that Candland never says "we've never seen that helmet" but rather that they don't know what 343 has in store for it.  I think it's plausible that part of Bungie and Microsoft's agreement included turning over some secrets in Reach, allowing 343 to develop the mystery and get the fanbase to transfer from Bungie to 343 seamlessly.

ColdGlider:

--- Quote from: Lord Friendship on November 21, 2011, 14:00:41 ---I have a theory that the BOBs and the mystery helmet are two totally unrelated things, but I'll save that speculation for another time.  What's interesting is that Candland never says "we've never seen that helmet" but rather that they don't know what 343 has in store for it.  I think it's plausible that part of Bungie and Microsoft's agreement included turning over some secrets in Reach, allowing 343 to develop the mystery and get the fanbase to transfer from Bungie to 343 seamlessly.

--- End quote ---

With big business, the path to the truth usually follows the money.  I also agree that your theory about fanbase transference is plausible. 

Likewise, I agree with the notion that Bungie's Reach BOBs and 343's weird helmet are separate entities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version