Halo ODST > Report In!

Dan Miller on Glyphs, Plinths, QTA and BOBs

<< < (2/6) > >>

Pulse Cloud:

--- Quote from: ColdGlider on November 16, 2011, 23:28:25 ---@Pulse:  Congratulations on presenting Dan with your questions intelligently (...). It's truly a milestone.  

--- End quote ---
Thank... you?

I'd like to point out that it seems that Miller didn't need any description of what a BOB is to know what I meant.
Of course we don't know if he googled "Halo Reach BOB", but it's unlikely because he seemed pretty fine in calling them BOBs and not the "in-house" name.
What I'm trying to get at is: the in-house name for BOB is BOB, which means their "meaning" and why they exist was set from the very early stages of the "let's make some BOBs" idea.

Note: According to this post on HBO, Miller worked on at least two levels: New Alexandria and The Package.

Scatcycle:
I agree with Pulse, let's not ask about stuff like how many of X, ect. That's for us to find out.

So this means there is actually a secret with the glyphs? This is awesome! We should probably get to this.

He disregarded Zombielites, signifying that they were unimportant, so I'm guessing they were just a bug.

The only connection I have with Staten is that he gave me a book. I know his parents. I don't really think I can just go up to his parents and say: "Hey, could you ask your son what Plinths do?"
The more that I look at that, it does actually seem probable. Staten's parents (or his dad at least) is fairly interested in Joseph's work. It is also very likely that he was the one who wrote in Joseph's book, as Pulse showed how he circled and underlined some conspicuous things. He himself might be interested on the topic of "Plinths" too. If I told him to ask he may want to know more about these plinths. Joseph's dad is also a (Philosopher)? That enjoys discussing about things that have no true answer. That's why he likes the Halo Universe. Behind the "aliens are attacking us, fight back!" layout, there's a lot more that there seems. Mainly religious aspects. Assuming that these glyphs are part of a religious aspect.

@Pulse: I think CG means the milestone of all this new info.

Pulse Cloud:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on November 16, 2011, 23:59:36 ---(...) as Pulse showed how he circled and underlined some conspicuous things.

--- End quote ---
I don't remember that. Source?

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on November 16, 2011, 23:59:36 ---@Pulse: I think CG means the milestone of all this new info.

--- End quote ---
whisper whisper: I know. Just messing with him. :)

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: Pulse Cloud on November 17, 2011, 00:17:53 ---
--- Quote from: Scatcycle on November 16, 2011, 23:59:36 ---(...) as Pulse showed how he circled and underlined some conspicuous things.

--- End quote ---
I don't remember that. Source?

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on November 16, 2011, 23:59:36 ---@Pulse: I think CG means the milestone of all this new info.

--- End quote ---
whisper whisper: I know. Just messing with him. :)

--- End quote ---
http://www.gruntspajamas.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=717.0;attach=647;image
It was actually Apollo. Anyway, the source is me. The book Staten gave me has many underlines and circling in it.

I'm so slow!

Pulse Cloud:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on November 17, 2011, 00:28:02 ---It was actually Apollo. Anyway, the source is me. The book Staten gave me has many underlines and circling in it.

--- End quote ---
Interesting.

People, remember that we have to decide what to ask (if anything) today! Tomorrow, 20h from now (check the post's date) the "thank you" email.
If you haven't decided by then what to ask, then nothing will be asked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version