Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Report In! / Re: Christopher Barrett AMA TBA
« Last post by Scatcycle on August 25, 2014, 05:53:28 »
Sounds like a good idea Imppa! Now who will be our ambassador?

As for the text, it is reddit so I feel that something short would get the job done. Something like "hi Chris, thanks for taking the time for this AMA. The world of ODST is riddled with mysterious glyphs. One glyph in particular, the Tri glyph (insert picture), has been documented to actually change in appaearence (2 pics of tri glyph altered). It has sparked quite a lot of discussion on the reasoning for it! Are these glyphs simply a reference to the communication method of the Engineers, or is there something more to these glyphs?"
« Last post by Imppa on August 24, 2014, 22:19:13 »
He should know something about the glyphs. Let's ask that.
« Last post by nightcrafter27 on August 23, 2014, 12:55:38 »
He might know if there are more secrets left to find. He did leave his own in the game-- BARRETT encoded in binary.
« Last post by Insane Monx on August 23, 2014, 00:18:29 »
Christopher Barrett- Artist at Bungie

Destiny -- Art Director (2014)
Halo: Reach - Additional Environment Art (2010)
Halo 3: ODST - Additional Art Direction (2009)
Halo 3 - Campaign Environment Lead (2007)
Halo 2 - Lead Environment Artist (2004)
Halo: Combat Evolved - Artist (2001)
Myth II: Soulblighter - Multiplayer Artist (1998)

That should help guide us as to what he'll know more about, or what sort of questions to consider.
Report In! / Christopher Barrett AMA TBA
« Last post by nightcrafter27 on August 22, 2014, 14:39:35 »
Hey, over on reddit.com/r/worldbuilding, the next AMA in their deities is Cristopher Barrett. This may be a good opporotinuity for is to try and ask some questions. As of right now the date is not announced, but I'll be keeping my eye on it.
Report In! / Re: The Engineer in Halo 3: ODST has a name.
« Last post by nightcrafter27 on August 20, 2014, 15:55:00 »
(Bu the way, I'm not sure if I was joking about the "ask Staten" thing. I mean, it would be pretty big itself to actually ask Staten if there really is a hidden mystery in ODST. Would we even want that?)

We've asked about the actual game's code controlling BOB spawns before; I think asking to simply confirm that there is something to find wouldn't be that big of a deal. That is, if we can find a way to contact him. A cursory search doesn't find any kind of email to contact Staten at, now that he works for Microsoft.
Destiny Pre-Release Discussion / Re: Destiny Beta
« Last post by Insane Monx on August 20, 2014, 06:56:27 »
I found it enjoyable, but the Beta was only a taste for me. To get a full idea I'm gonna have to wait until launch, but I like what I see so far.

Still, I think I'm a bit scared.
This is exactly how I feel! A majority of those I talk to are trembling with excitement toward's this game's release, yet I just don't know how I'll react. There's several things I'll have to adjust to with the frenetic game flow. I want to be excited, but I just can't.

In terms of the negatives (my favorite!), I dislike how you can only chat with your fireteam. The size limit of them is understandable, but I wish there was an option to switch between in-game chat and fireteams. It's like being in a Xbox Live party in-game only and with fewer people.

The scenery in game looks gorgeous, but I struggled to find ammo throughout it! Maybe it's something I didn't adapt to, but I hated having to lay low during a group firefight or have to wait for minions to spawn during those boss fights.

Also that Rail-gun-esque secondary is hella hard to use. Bungie pls fix your game.

And in regards to whoever wondered about the Beta profile transferring to the full game, I understand that this isn't happening. But give it a month or two after launch and it won't even cross your mind  :P
20 gigabytes?! My Xbox doesn't even have that many!
Keep in mind this is Xbox One, much bigger downloads than 360. Plus Microsoft just recently announced a 1 TB Xbox w/o Kinect, but it's COD: AW edition as far as I know.

In regards to the special editions, I find them fitting. I personally prefer the timed exclusives. I'd also be interested if anyone here is looking to get the most expensive edition. I'd be curious about the bonuses it comes with.
Report In! / Re: The Engineer in Halo 3: ODST has a name.
« Last post by Imppa on August 19, 2014, 17:17:50 »
Is there a video of that last part? I can't tell if he's saying that last line jokingly or not. If not, it would kind of imply that they didn't spend much time on it, nor even confirmed that the secret could be found. Perhaps they did mess up.

Can't find one, and there probably isn't one, since it sounds like it was a closed press conference.

Whether or not the line was a joke or not can only be confirmed by Staten itself: we need only to ask, right?

Now that I'm thinking that line more carefully, though, it's strange: Staten is actually talking about "clues" and "the mysteries of New Mombasa". Besides this, have we ever REALLY heard anyone from Bungie actually talk about any kind of mysteries in ODST? Unless Staten is talking about the story of the game itself or Sadie's Story/References to Dante, this is actually quite..big?

We're straying from the topic a lot now, though. I admit that the canonity of Quick to Adjust is a bit questionable, but if we were to pursue the QTA XII/VI mystery more, we should remember the possibility of it linking to Vergil's true name.

I also feel I should make a new post..

(By the way, I'm not sure if I was joking about the "ask Staten" thing. I mean, it would be pretty big itself to actually ask Staten if there really is a hidden mystery in ODST. Would we even want that?)
Report In! / Re: SGP: Secret detonator on CM:AS
« Last post by CIA391 on August 18, 2014, 17:24:28 »
We could ask. I mean no harm there right?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10