Author Topic: Kikowani Controller Number  (Read 1606 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Kikowani Controller Number
« on: November 20, 2009, 21:43:15 »
I don't think I'm the first one pointing this, but I didn't find anything here in the forums...
We all know about this: http://www.joystiq.com/photos/halo-3-odst-controller/2051486/

I believe KIKOWANI.0624 is a SI-camera on Kikowani Station.
23:03:28:30 is the time of the recording. Maybe the recording started at 23:03 and ended at 28:30 (ie, 4:30 am)???

Why? Start the Kikowani Station mission. The cinematics where you see the camera recording show similar text.
For example:
KIKOWANI.1043
21:01

55.6992.3840 might be the number of some "screen-banner" (like those "access denied", "route closed", etc)...
When you see one of the banners you will immediately notice a similar number.

So.. what do you think?

I am tree.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kikowani Controller Number
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 16:26:31 »
I think you should read this topic of mine that mentions the controller. The 23:03:28:30 doesn't mean "from 23:03 to 28:30", it's just a normal clock: 23 hours, 3 minutes, 28 seconds and 30 [mikro[?]]seconds. TYou can see this buy looking the cinematics.

Also, 55.6992.3840 connection to banners has already been found by CG, here.

My idea is to try to find the "KIKOWANI.0624" camera. A lead is that a similiar ID number is spotted in another cameras, such as the one on "Uplift reserve" closing cinematic. Even though the two Districts in question are almost identical copies, it should not be thought that the camera we are looking for is in the same position as the Uplift Reserve camera in it's own District.
I you have more ideas, please tell them. However, if you would be so kind, could you post them to the earlier threads?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 19:22:04 by Imppa »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 17:16:18 »

My initial investigation into identifying the in-game cameras based on the cinematics did not provide definitive results.  If you will, start up the campaign mission NMPD Headquarters.  Notice the text "Tanaga.0086" and the view that the camera has of Romeo and Buck- they initially walk out of a door to the side of the entrance that you use when you begin the actual level.  My hypothesis was that I should be able to find a camera in this area, position myself at it in Theater Mode, and recreate the same view of the scene shown in the cinematic.  If so, I will have identified that in-game camera as Tanaga.0086.

Once the game begins, you can find two cameras in that area:  one next to the door they exited at the beginning of the cine, and one above the door you need to enter when the level starts.   If you watch in theater mode and use the floating camera to position yourself at either of these in-game cameras, you'll discover that you can not recreate the "camera view" in the cinematic. 

If you position yourself where the view is supposed to be, you'll find a sign on the wall.  My initial hope was that this was an intentional clue.  So I checked out the opening of Kikowani Station and repeated the process.  Again- there's a camera nearby but you can't recreate the shot.  I didn't see a similar sign where the camera "should" be. 

So currently- not having exhausted my investigation- my feeling is that either:

1) The nearby in-game cameras are in fact those used by the SI in the cinematics and either the level designers or cinematic producers didn't have the inclination to match up these elements perfectly.

2) The ID in the lower right of the SI cinematic shots (e.g. "Tanaga.0086") isn't a camera ID.

Please prove me wrong if you can match a cinematic shot by positioning yourself at a camera in Theater Mode.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 19:44:31 »
Wow, then this means SubCultureLifeStyle's Search engine sucks, 'cause I search always before posting a new topic.. (not trying to be aggressive!)
I am tree.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 20:11:08 »
Nah, it works pretty well.  The forum search, anyhow: search

For example, a search on "aggressive" pulls up your last post.

A search on "55.6992.3840" would have revealed the previous posts.  It's only as good as the text you search for.
 :P

::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:53:38 »
What if, because the Si couldn't get a good view from those, it used ones that were further away and had some intense level of zoom. It is a machine after all. What about some off world satilite or a moniter like object? We certainly have that kind of tech at that point in time.
...this coffee sucks.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:26:46 »
I don't think there is a satelite, not for monitoring at least. I'm pretty sure that the reason fro the camera missing is because
1) The nearby in-game cameras are in fact those used by the SI in the cinematics and either the level designers or cinematic producers didn't have the inclination to match up these elements perfectly.

But if the controller hints about a certain camera, I'm pretty sure Bungie would have seen the effort of actually making the camera-> It is there somewhere.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...