Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: The Librarians

Enders Game and Halo

<< < (3/3)

Pulse Cloud:

--- Quote ---Slipspace is a domain with alternate physical laws, allowing faster-than-light travel without relativistic side-effects i.e., the occupants do not "warp" time, despite their super-luminal speed. But however fast it may appear, faster-than-light travel is by no means instantaneous; "short" jumps routinely take up to two months, and "long" jumps can last six months or more for the crew.

--- End quote ---

Source

Phantasm 08:
Hm, I may be wrong. I'm curious, though, as to how much of that is cited, and whether the sources state all that is said there. I will look into it more on my computer, as my iPod requires an insane amount of scrolling to check sources.

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: Pulse Cloud on April 23, 2011, 14:41:21 ---
--- Quote ---Slipspace is a domain with alternate physical laws, allowing faster-than-light travel without relativistic side-effects i.e., the occupants do not "warp" time, despite their super-luminal speed. But however fast it may appear, faster-than-light travel is by no means instantaneous; "short" jumps routinely take up to two months, and "long" jumps can last six months or more for the crew.

--- End quote ---

Source

--- End quote ---
Either way, keep in mind we are talking about many different things.

In Ender's Game, there is Faster than Light Travel, and Teleportation/warping.
Jane warps. Cortana Warps.

Also: Keep in mind, slip space looks like a warp, because to everyone else, the ship just appears out of no where.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version