Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: Ghost Chasers

SGP: Report - Glyphs Unlock a Door!

(1/11) > >>

ColdGlider:
Thanks to a few folks in the Bungie forum and some testing of their findings which I skipped sleep to do, the link between glyphs and ODST unlockables has become tangible.

Bungie forum members ZaggRukk and andymac0909 figured out that after beating up the corpses of Elites in District 06, they could unlock a door in District 08 that has eluded our opening since the 23rd (Nox and myself have repeatedly tried getting in there!)

After jag4191 here at SGP clued me in to new developments in their Bungie thread, I had to try it myself... except I refused to beat up Elite corpses.  That just made no conceptual sense at all to me.  Instead, I took a gander at the simple glyphs near their bodies (which I suspected had gotten Super DiGlyph results for me) and that has turned out to be the key.

If you scope out and/or stand against the simple glyphs facing you on the wall to your left as you enter that alleyway with the corpses, it unlocks that door.

This is massive, and I'm pleased that teamwork between the Bungie forum and the SGP has figured this out.  I will post a YouTube video as well as the usual photos.

The logical follow up question:  what other glyphs unlock what other doors?

It should be noted that the door which is opened by the simple glyphs near the dead elites is a gray security door, and that it does not simply get unlocked... it becomes (seemingly) permanently opened.

Wow.

ColdGlider:
I produced a video and it's now up on YouTube here.

This also means we now have an official YouTube space.  (For better or for worse!)

AlkalineProdigy:
Hi im new but I found something interesting when unlocking that secret room.  It also unlocks an empty SI supply room.  I've included a link to the map that shows exactly where it is.  http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/AlkalineProdigy/?action=view&current=nm_sec10-Copy.jpg

ColdGlider:
You rock your SOCKS off!  I'm going to check it now!  Nice work!  May I copy your image to our gallery?

AlkalineProdigy:
well it isnt my map but ya I guess you can.  I've also found a couple more glyphs that seem the trigger checkpoints which im guessing unlocks something nearby.  Though me being stupid I didnt mark on a map where those glyphs were.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version