Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: Ghost Chasers

SGP: Disappearing Glyphs

(1/2) > >>

ZaggRukk:
Hey everyone.  Just signed up, to see what was what and where this take us.  And yes, one and the same from B.net.  I as of now have not been able to get the tri-glyph (3 SI icons) on the "magic" wall, to appear.  Sorry, I forgot what you call it.  And, the "secret" room as its been dubbed for now, does not stay open.  Didn't know if anyone posted that yet or not.

That's not why I'm posting however.  I have noticed on my wanderings that some glyphs can be seen without the use of the VISR.  So far, the ones that you can see without the VISR, are the ones used to mark locations for the audio files and missions.  They are faint, but you can still see them on the walls when close enough.  However, the glyphs that disappear cannot be seen without the visor, while they are "missing".  I had to edit this, since I was misinforming earlier.  Was thinking that they could not be seen even while they appeared.  I was wrong.  This leads me to believe that the other permenant glyph were built into the text of the walls/banners, while the other require an activation of some kind.  That would mean that they have a purpose for some thing.  And since I'm editing this, I might as well state that I did get the Tri-glyph to light up, only to find out that the other glyphs vanished, and the two SI cache's  in district 8 were empty.

Just thought I would throw that out there for everyone.  And, if this has already been noted somewhere else, move it, delete it, whatever.  

Kenji:
I did notice that about the glyphs, how they can still be seen with the visor off... I have yet to find any permanent glyphs that aren't the ones near story mode sites...

Im gonna note the near the magic wall there are a TON of glyphs, as we all know. I notice that all the glyphs with symbols in them are near story missions... except the ones near the magic wall. This place HAS to be very important. another not on major areas are the squidhenge and the large blank Si circle in district (08?) that I found...

ZaggRukk:
That Large empty SI icon, disappeared on me.  Waiting for it to come back.  I was thinking, that if something were in that room, it might be on the waterfall wall next to it.  The engineers seem to light up the same place when I enter the room.  I also think that we will know we are gettign closer to a goal, if that large SI icon changes (eyes appear, etc.).  Maybe I'm thinking too much though.

Apollo Doom:
Thinking is whats gonna get these mysteries solved!

I don't know if you all saw my post in the other topic regarding glyphs semi-disappearing in coop; has anyone else experimented with the disappearing this way?  I didn't have time to fully investigate last night, but an SI monoglyph lost the SI for 1 person and not the other.  The 2nd person loaded through a door, came back and the SI was back for him also...

ColdGlider:
ZaggRukk:  when you look at that simple circular glyph (or SI glyph) that disappeared on you without your VISR can you still see it?  I'll go check myself when I'm done with my admin work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version