Halo ODST > ODST General Discussion

Ingame number/coding EE hint systems

<< < (3/5) > >>

Atarigen:
 New example: While looking at the super glyph thread which I cant find now, and the new decoding thread I was inspired to use the hint system. I started with Sadie's story circle 1 Arc 2. This is the process I started with Makupa 40786. I dropped Makupa and added prefix NR to 40786. The web search for NR 40786 lead me to interesting Avatars. I was unable to revisit the glyph thread to compare. Maybe someone could help me, as I am still learning to navigate here. Here are Avatar 1 ,and Avatar 2. To me they resemble components to the Engineer glyphs. Please tell me what you think.

Imppa:

--- Quote from: Atarigen on September 17, 2013, 08:58:35 --- New example: While looking at the super glyph thread which I cant find now, and the new decoding thread I was inspired to use the hint system. I started with Sadie's story circle 1 Arc 2. This is the process I started with Makupa 40786. I dropped Makupa and added prefix NR to 40786. The web search for NR 40786 lead me to interesting Avatars. I was unable to revisit the glyph thread to compare. Maybe someone could help me, as I am still learning to navigate here. Here are Avatar 1 ,and Avatar 2. To me they resemble components to the Engineer glyphs. Please tell me what you think.

--- End quote ---

I don't think there's any connection...even of they look similar in a way, neither ofthem seem to have anything that would connect them to Bungie or Halo. Also I'm still not convinced of this NER or NR or the system anyways: has it lead to Eggs in Halo 4? And most importantly, I'm truly interested to know, where have you found it?

And, uh, kind of off-topic, but...I dunno. About hinting Eggs, that is. It's something that Bungie did very scarcely (the two times I remember being the Dancing Marty and the Pelican on Reach, but even those were just "it's in this level"), and I think it was just fine. I mean, isn't it nice to find them yourself, by accident or trough hard work? Then again, I think that by far most of all the easter eggs I've seen were shown to me by my friend or youtube..I guess it's just "uncool" for a game developper to go around a and be like "Look guys! Look what cool hidden stuff here is!"

Okay, 343i is not like that, tey're cool, and in the end it's not a big deal. I just feel a bit uncomfortable about it.
Yeah, let's really leave it there. It's not a big deal, I'm just not used to it. There. /rant /offtopic

Alright, so:
Tell some more background about this NER 1204! I really am eager to know!

Atarigen:
 I'm sorry to hear about your doubts, but not having used this system your self I can understand. This NER/ ERR has been around at least since Halo3. I actually have stumbled onto it a few times not knowing it was a search tool. Your right Bungie made us scratch our heads for a good long while before any egg assistance would be delivered. I imagine it works like this. On some level I'm sure game designers want you to find their crafty gems. On the other hand I sometimes imagine it's kind of like bragging rights for developers if we never fine a well hidden egg. I just recently viewed some old Bungie employees H3/ ODST screenshots, and found  eggs have been waiting there for sometime. Or just eggs I have never seen before. I have seen many, but I still find eggs that are new to me . This happened in my recent ODST runs. For instance I knew there were Cortana AI chips that could be found in certain Reach maps. I never noticed that there was at least one in ODST.  I don't think I picked up on that before. Any way back to NER 1204. The hints just don't spell it out for you, it still requires a little twirl of your noodle with your chop sticks . I do not know if this search system was meant only to be used by gamers, or was also a tool for ARG MODs. What I do know is this. There are still numerous unsolved eggs in Halo 4 with a level high level complexity to them. Which is where I became fully aware of the search tools value to the Hunter.  I do not know of anyone other than myself  Bungie, 343 and ARG Moderators who use the search tool.  When I first found this tube channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8qUH-MlzTs&list=PLC2A8F91B443C82CB I know I was onto something. To find the hint /ARG content your going to have to surf around. This channel has a song called Cyborgs Never Die. The channel has been edited since I first found it, but did have a reference to Frankie goes to Hollywood. This was a joke about Frank O'Conner going to Hollywood to film his cameo as Beamish in FUD. I really hope Beamish will find his was into Halo5,6,7,8. LOL The Easter egg hint on the channel was a skydive vid with music obscured by rushing wind. You see I had found several musical Waypoints in Halo 4 campaign level Dawn.  These musical waypoints could be turned on, and off. Sometimes the music was very faint making it difficult to make out. The vid affirmed I was making progress with the musical progression. These waypoints are now active in DLC maps and also indicate proper locations for Easter egg activations. There are loads of unfinished eggs in H4. I also suspect that learning H4 Easter egg teqnique was essential for a return to ODST.

Sometimes I imagine that Sadie would look like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahandsean/sets/72157607411033667/

This was also found in the photos of the same flicker account http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahandsean/5857693292/in/set-72157627015644490 Does this remind you of anything?

Imppa:
Atarigen, in SGP we want to go with the labcoat approach. This means that if there are finds, they have to have something they are based upon, screenshots and some coordinates preferrably, if we're talking of something in-game. They need proof, solid evidence.

So, could you, for Science, show or at least explain in detail, where Exactly did you find NER 1204?

nightcrafter27:
Also, you mention a Cortana chip being found in ODST. Can you describe where this is so others can find it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version