Author Topic: Killing engineers causes glyphs to dissapear at henge locations  (Read 1559 times)

john

• View Profile
I don't know if any won else has noticed but if you kill the engineers at the henge locations the glyphs dissapear.

While playing on easy I managed to snatch a ghost and initially tried to launch myself to higher areas of the levels using parked cars and barrier ramps

Eventually  I went to each of the squidhenge areas and used the ghosts infinite fire to kill the pairs of engineers and I noticed that throughout the rest of the mission that the glyphs were no longer visible at any of the squidhenge locations.

Additionally I could no longer get the super glyph to appear at the magic wall location

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
Re: Killing engineers causes glyphs to dissapear at henge locations
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 18:07:52 »
Did the glyphs disappear immediately when you killed those engineers or was it only after you loaded another Sector?  If its the latter then its probably part of the loading glitch/feature that we've observed with many of the glyphs.

Can you upload the film to your fileshare and recommend it to me so we may review what happened?

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 18:13:10 »
My guess would be that during your off road'n adventures that you may have bumped the area which resulted in the glyphs disappearing. Now I could be totally wrong in which case see if you can post a picture with a before and after. I have done something similar but once i viewed the area in theater mode the glyphs did not disappear. Were you in solo mode?

john

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 20:01:38 »
I was in standard campaign mode playing on easy.
when I killed the engineers the glyphs did not immeadietly disappear it was only when I revisted squidhenge after a bit of exploring an hour + that I noticed that the henge was now bare stone, sans glyphs. I also noticed that when I'd complete one of the other missions romeos for instance that the engineers never returned to the squidhenge, and I never saw the super glyph return

Unfortunately I am not connected to xbox live so I dont have any way to share my screenshots.
Killing the engineers is fairly easy once you have a ghost especially on easy as there are always a few grunts out on them.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 20:37:39 »
No worries..

Henge has at least 3 versions that I have seen, all of them not requiring anything out of the ordinary.

1st. Henge filled with glyphs (3-6 per stone) and sad glyph

This one is the most common.

2nd. Henge have 2-3 glyphs( per stone) and sad glyph

This seems to be at random, Less common.

3rd. Henge have no glyphs and no sad glyph

Caused by "bumping" and or Co-op play.

I have spent a lot of time at the henge and have seen the results first hand. Good looking out John, let us know if you notice anything else. :P ::)

Rogue Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 23:40:33 »
Odd because whenever I play splitscreen the glyphs dissapear.
Im going to test what you did.

P.S:I do nto have live. :(
To stick or not to stick that is the question.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 09:40:15 »
Splitscreen equals Co-op. So it's the same if you play in XBL with you'r 1-4 friends or if you play with you'r buddy there some splitscreen on local, the result is teh same: the glyphs disappear.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...