Author Topic: Data Pad found. Are there more? [POSSIBLE SPOILERS - BEWARE !]  (Read 2440 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Data Pad found. Are there more? [POSSIBLE SPOILERS - BEWARE !]
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 16:34:53 »
I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER DATA PAD! WOOO!

SPOILERS! IF YOU WANT TO FIND IT YOURSELF, DO NOT READ! SPOILERS!

I started my Legendary Campaign playthrough and noticed something moving in the beginning of the Winter Contingency level.
I went right away to Theater and found out it was a very well cloaked Elite.
Guess what: HE HAD A DATA PAD!

I tried to see the Elite spawn by running the film frame-by-frame and when the Elite spawned the Data Pad also spawned on the floor next to him. One frame later, the Data Pad was on the Elite's back.

After my discovery (which, I think, has also been done by that guy [I didn't and won't check]) I wondered how I could get the Data Pad from the Elite. Killing him was the most obvious thing to do.

I spent 29 minutes trying to take that sucker down: the only thing he does is run away. After finally managing to kill him, I read the Data Pad and, apparently, it's the Data Pad nÂș 10.
I also heard some guy talking while I was reading. The audio was like... inverted.

What I read was awesome. Seriously. I loved it. NOW I want to hunt all the Data Pads! :)
If someone knows a way to record the audio from the Xbox without a mic (because I don't have any decent one), please do tell - or just go hunt that Elite down and record it yourself.

Should we start making a Data Pad Guide? Like, now? Everytime we found one we would explain where to find it and put a transcription of it and all the other thing about them we discovered. Like the audio. We already have two: we could start with them.

According to CG, we can start looking on the other levels: there are only two per level.
But there's a 19th one... Which means one level has three Data Pads... Anyway, I'd look on the other levels first.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 16:44:41 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: Data Pad found. Are there more? [POSSIBLE SPOILERS - BEWARE !]
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 19:15:21 »
Way to go, Pulse!

Please add to the OP of the Winter Contingency thread.  This is exciting!

Yes to guide!

Next level!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::