Author Topic: Exodus: Off map room causes Spartans to turn Purple  (Read 1817 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Exodus: Off map room causes Spartans to turn Purple
« on: April 08, 2011, 19:28:53 »
Enigma would love this...

Me and Nade were out of Exodus, along the trail you take with the falcons (checkpoint Bravo), and we found a room. This is the room where Civilians and Brutes spawn. Note, this is not the place where you see a Brute with a hammer. It is later, when you are in the half canyon.

This room has a door. You cannot open the door. But there is something else that's odd. If your spartan dies next to the door, when you respawn, as long as you are near the door, your body will turn.... Purple?

Me and Nade have the same color. Grey. That screenie is a comparison between Purple and Not. Here, I have killed Nade, but not has killed me. So I remain grey. Here's another shot:

We cannot tell if there is anything behind that door. Even an extremely fast camera cannot penetrate the door.
First Person:

First Person BEFORE killed:

If you wish to see more screenshots of purple please view here.

Here's a good VISR shot for both Nade and I.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 20:30:35 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus: Off map room causes Spartans to turn Purple
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 21:51:25 »
HAHA! This is the most EPIC thing I have ever seen. I take back 1 bad thing that I said about you.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 11:02:08 »
Awesome! ;D This would probably result in pretty awesome, art-like pictures. ;)

I have no idea what could cause this though. Perhaps we should look how to recreate this in some other enviroements and see what are the similiarities. It would be REALLY weird if it was onyl this room...O_o
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 15:16:40 »
As a mapper, I know that purple light cannot be produced by anything but a light that's RBG scale is purple. In real life, reflections could cause this, but not in Reach. You can see glares and reflections, but it does not shine onto anything else (such as spartans) (or can it? Please correct if wrong). This means that there IS a purple light there, that's intensity has either been set to very low, since you have to be in a small area for you to turn purple, or the light is penetrating that door, and there is something behind there. You know, it's actually probably possible to get a mongoose, warthog, or ghost up there. I suggest we invest in this, I believe there is something beyond that door.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 15:24:49 »
I'm afraid there aren't really any vehicles in the mission before the very end, so we'd have to find another way to get trough that door. But is there any other way, really?

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 15:31:44 »
I'm afraid there aren't really any vehicles in the mission before the very end, so we'd have to find another way to get trough that door. But is there any other way, really?
There is. A wraith, a ghost, a mongoose, and a warthog. This is where you arm the two turrets. Checkpoint Bravo.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 15:46:12 »
You were out of Exodus.
Please post how you did it and how to get to this door in the WIP - Guide - Out of Map techniques and note-worthy areas thread.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 16:25:30 »
You were out of Exodus.
Please post how you did it and how to get to this door in the WIP - Guide - Out of Map techniques and note-worthy areas thread.
Ok, I'll be a bit more detailed this time. You were the one who showed me, so if I get something wrong, please correct me.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 21:11:40 »
There is. A wraith, a ghost, a mongoose, and a warthog. This is where you arm the two turrets. Checkpoint Bravo.
Oh, sorry, it seems that I misread you OP. The next question is: is it possible to get them there? I read form the other thread that you require jetpacks to reach the area, so would some kind of "tossing" of the vehicles be necessary/possible?

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 21:24:48 »
It's possible on ODST, you just put the tilt skull on, and throw a couple grenades at the bottom (Grunt Bday On). Now we need to see if It's possible in reach.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 15:56:26 »
It is not possible.

Scat and I confirmed this while playing  :(. It seems that the mongoose is heavier and that grenade do not have the same type of power needed to launch someone (meaning it's not possible with the Warthog either). And I'm pretty sure playing on a different engine with a change in physics and Tilt damage doesn't help either.

Although we confirmed that a friendly AI trooper still turns purple, and a dead one, too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 16:00:30 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 17:19:38 »
Yes, we found a random marine just sitting on that platform.

And yes, tilt does not have the same effect on vehicles as it did in ODST.

You don't have to die for you to turn purple, I don't know what I was thinking.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 17:49:34 »
For the record: Tilt skull makes enemy shields more powerful against bullets. You most be talking about Cowbell that increases the power and radius of all explosions. Also, Grunt Birthday party does not affect anything but the grunts.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 19:05:36 »
For the record: Tilt skull makes enemy shields more powerful against bullets. You most be talking about Cowbell that increases the power and radius of all explosions. Also, Grunt Birthday party does not affect anything but the grunts.
I meant to say cowbell, yes.  And in ODST, tilt increased the amount of damage for vehicles to be destroyed. This allowed launching with grenades.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 19:51:26 »
Maybe we should figure out the new effects of the skulls and how they interfere on how people used to make super jumps and all that stuff and make a guide?
Perhaps. But first we should finish our Work In Progress guides. Sound alright?
I feel it