Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Destiny Pre-Release Discussion / Re: New Destiny Avatar Collection
« Last post by nightcrafter27 on August 01, 2014, 19:34:53 »
Looking good, CG! If you want some more, I can make some!

Code: [Select]
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:o:ooooo:-:oooo:-:-:o:oo:ooo:-:ooo:oo:oo:oo:o:ooooo:-:oooo:-:-:o:oo:ooo:-::
Destiny Pre-Release Discussion / New Destiny Avatar Collection
« Last post by ColdGlider on August 01, 2014, 17:46:59 »
All members can now select from 7 new avatars in the "Destiny-ArtistRef" category.

Members of Team Vergil may unlock an eighth.

Enjoy!

Code: [Select]
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:o:ooo:-:-:oo:oo:-:ooooooo:ooo:oo:oo:o:-:oooo:-:ooo:-:oooo:-:oooo:o:oooo:ooo:oooooo:o:ooooooo:-:ooooooo:o:ooooooo::
Report In! / Re: SGP: Secret detonator on CM:AS
« Last post by nightcrafter27 on August 01, 2014, 16:32:42 »
Did you look at the detonator before and after the sound happened? So see if the body actually caused the activation.

Yes, I did; the detonator doesn't change states.
« Last post by CIA391 on August 01, 2014, 11:28:18 »
Did you look at the detonator before and after the sound happened? So see if the body actually caused the activation.
« Last post by nightcrafter27 on August 01, 2014, 05:17:48 »
Ok, I did my testing. I was wrong. A green detonator is disarmed, while a red detonator is armed. If you are confused, I made the handy gif of a detonator being armed below:

I ran through CM: AS on every difficulty, and checked in theater to see if the detonator ever changed. It was always red; armed.

SO the detonator is armed in campaign, but disarmed in firefight. And before you ask, on one of my runs, Mickey armed the charges for me and blew up the bridge one his own. This suggests there is something to do in firefight to arm the detonator.

Also, the detonator arming sound played for me when my body was just above this point:
I think the only thing purely exclusive is the Beta emblem.

Unless they are emblems in the limited editions. And they are the only things that may be exclusive also

And that doesn't change anything gameplay wise.  Other than make you look a little cool.
I think it does make sense that the "exclusive" digital content will be available later.... A faster Sparrow and more powerful weapons would give players an unfair advantage, because they are usable in multiplayer.

I agree with you completely, Extrapolator Extrodanator.  (Your current self-styling makes me lol.)  I don't think players should be able to buy an advantage.  (There's enough of that in the real world!)  My beef is simply with retailers' use of the word 'exclusive.'  I am after all part librarian, not to mention all curmudgeon.   ;)
« Last post by ColdGlider on July 30, 2014, 19:01:53 »
Hey, Scatters!  You and I went down there not too long ago, if I recall correctly.  I don't remember if it was in FF or CM though.

I loaded up FF:AS last night and took a plunge down that NE shaft.  Played back in Theater and sure enough there was a green detonator just like the photo Nightcrafter provided.  There was an explosion, but it appeared to be just my grenades.  The detonator stayed in tact.

20 gigabytes?! My Xbox doesn't even have that many!
I think it does make sense that the "exclusive" digital content will be available later. The only thing that might be completely exclusive is the ship skin, and guess what? That's the only thing that won't affect gameplay. A faster Sparrow and more powerful weapons would give players an unfair advantage, because they are usable in multiplayer. I think the bonuses are mostly incentives to get Playstation players without much experience with Bungie interested in Destiny.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10