Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: Arkive

sign post locations

<< < (2/7) > >>

ColdGlider:
I took that darn Misriah screenshot personally, so it does exist.  I'm not discounting that I miscredited its location.  If I recall, I went back looking for it later and was at a loss.

I posted the photo on 2010.01.11.  I would have taken the screenshot one of two ways:  from a DVD recording of my gameplay footage, or by using the saved films screenshot function. 

I will go back and see if I have files of either source from this date.

Scatcycle:
About that third picture on the steam post, that's the guy attempting to recreate the look of Mombasa's streets. That is custom made.

ColdGlider:
Spent some time looking through files.  I found my local copy of the Misriah screenshot- same date stamp.  Photo dimensions consistent with in-game screenshots (1920x1080) which would not have been the case from one of my DVR recordings.

Most of my in-game Halo ODST data is stored on a USB drive.  I checked this drive and I don't have any saved films from this date, nor do I have this screenshot.  Possible I have additional files on an old Xbox360 hard drive.

In the photo, you can clearly see the top of a District 10 banner at the lower left corner of the Misriah sign.

I started a new Mombasa Streets game and worked my way to D10.  I didn't find it in campaign mode or in Theater mode afterward.  But I was falling asleep, too.  (Ahh, the memories of falling asleep in Mombasa Streets looking for secrets!)

Now that I have written this, I'm a little more awake.  I'll look again- it's out there somewhere.

CIA391:
I know that theres only one version of that sign. I just did a city wide search. Its just entering District 10 with Misriah armory showing. Its random or so I believe

ColdGlider:
As you approach the ONI doors, turn to the left at the top of the stairs.  There's an electronic billboard (i.e. a sign) above a door which is lit with red light. 

In my earlier play on Mombasa Streets, this sign was for Huciv.  When I exited back to the main menu and then resumed my campaign, it was still Huciv.  There was no district banner next to the door.

From the main menu, I started a new campaign at Uplift Reserve on Easy and played through it to get back to Mombasa Streets.  I then went to District 10 and the Huciv sign had changed to a WST sign.  In addition, the D10 banner was present to the left of the door (see crappy camera image, attached).

In this mode (post Uplift Reserve), the ONI Doors are locked.  I don't know if there are multiple versions of the texture mapping for this district or if it's truly random when you begin the mission... but clearly you can get different signs here under different conditions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version