Author Topic: SGP: Task Force 7 / Librarians - ODST BIOS number known back in June?  (Read 1553 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Did one of the books cover this?  Because over here (scroll down to the VISR section) there is a post from June 22nd that lists the number we see in the game (with the common 8 and B transposition error... based on the game, anyhow).
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
Are you asking if any of the books covered what the numbers mean?  Or are you asking about the specific numbers of our ODST squad?

If its the former then I can't say definitively, but I've read every book (except The Flood, which I believe does not include ODSTs) and I don't remember it coming up.  If its the latter then definitively no.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
I'd like to know if the specific ODST BIOS string that we see in our viewfinder ("ODST BIOS A29.B179418.01") appeared in a book.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Nevermind.  I figured it out.

The link I posted to the cosplay site forum was a post that someone had recreated from the ODST Field Guide on bungie.net.  From that guide:
In addition, every current issue helmet is equipped with low-light vision enhancement [ODST BIOS A29.817941B.01 or later].

Yet in the actual game, the string appears with a transposed B and 8 as: ODST BIOS A29.B179418.01

So get ready for the debate.  One one side: "Be realistic!  It was a typo!" and on the other: "Bungie never makes a mistake.  It must mean something!"

Me?  I'm just reporting the facts.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
My latest post over in Task Force 7 is where this conversation should continue.  I have posted five images to the gallery of the BIOS code in the Rookie's viewfinder.