Author Topic: SGP: Missing Squidhenges?  (Read 953 times)

mastersync23

• View Profile
SGP: Missing Squidhenges?
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:24:02 »
Has anyone noticed that while viewing the map, and have the "pointer" near the Tayari Plaza beacon, there is an area that looks remarkably like a Squidhenge? However, upon arrival to this apparent location, it's nothing more than some trees. This is also evident in other areas, where there is a burnt out pod and some ammunition.

Has anyone else noticed a missing place, or have ever had the map mislead them?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 17:23:17 by ColdGlider »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: Missing Squidhenges?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 17:22:44 »
Yes.

There are three "diamond shaped" rooms that appear in (normally) explorable areas of the map: D05 (near the  Tayari beacon you mentioned), D06 (the Squidhenge), and D04 (the pod room).  There may also be a fourth in inaccessible District 2.  District 2 is a direct copy (in structure) of District 06... so there is a higher likelihood that its "Diamond Room" contains a Squidhenge.

So why do all Diamond Rooms indicate a "henge" structure in the VISR map?  One explanation I have seen given more than once (I'm paraphrasing) is that the map representation of the Diamond Rooms in D04 and D05 was copied from D06.  Others feel that a henge structure may appear in D04 and D05 under the "right conditions".

Given the current lack of morale we're seeing as discoveries in the Glyph and Henge direction have lulled (and my video teetering on the brink of being "Gothied") I think the former explanation is more publicly favored.

I doubt Bungie will cop to there being glitches/anomalies in their game even if there are; in which case, we'll have to figure it out on our own.

One glimmering hope in this direction is to get a sneak-peek of D02 from the work of the Black Ops team, led by VsH Tepec Fett.  He remains confident that there may be a method to access District 02, albeit though somewhat "glitchy" methods.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::