Author Topic: SGP community map  (Read 4084 times)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
SGP community map
« on: October 15, 2010, 17:19:28 »
If anyone is interested I have started a NEW map. I wanted to do a SGP community map that we all could claim as our own.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6588091&player=ENIGMABIZ2

Take a look. Fix, add, delete and reply.

As the map evolves please keep this updated.

All that contribute will be credited.

When you make a change PLEASE say what the change was...

Keep this in mind:

Contest Categories and Judging

Sponsor or its designees will review all eligible entries and select the winners of each category based on the equally-weighted criteria identified below. Sponsor will not provide feedback, support or response to any Entrants regarding their submission.

Eligible map submissions will be judged based on:

* Game-type Support
          o Does the map function for the game-type(s) as necessary? Are all required objects and systems in place to successfully play a game?
    * Fun-Factor
          o Is the map fun to play on? Is the spaces fun to navigate through? Do the weapons, spawn and layout promote a positive game experience? Is the map balanced and fair for the given game-type?
    * Performance
          o Does the map suffer from any negative visual or performance issues?
    * Originality / Creativity

Because the Promotion is a contest of skill, winning is dependent on the quality of submissions received.

Finality of Decisions.
All decisions of the Sponsor, including as to judging, are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Re: SGP community map
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 18:30:42 »
I'll get on it (when I have time).

One thing I recomend, is to keep the old versions, incase someone screws stuff up. Big Time.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 18:48:25 »
I will do that.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 19:09:51 »
If we do this, I think we should decide in which category should it be in:
    *  INVASION (“INV” )– A custom map that is built specifically for the Spartan vs. Elite “Invasion” game-types. The map must be optimized for 12 players (6 vs. 6) and support both “Invasion Slayer” and a 3-tiered “Invasion (Objective)” variants.
    * RACE (“RACE”) – A map that is designed to support Race and/or Rocket Race game-types. The map must be designed to work with 8 to 12 total players.
    * INFECTION (“INFECT”) – Map specially designed to support Infection and Safe Havens game-types for 8 to 16 players.
    * BIG TEAM BATTLE (“BTB”) – A larger map designed to support 16 players. Must support Slayer/Team Slayer at a minimum.
    * TEAM SLAYER (“TS”) - A map that’s expertly designed for 4 vs. 4 Team Slayer competitive play.
    * SYMMETRICAL ARENA (“SYMM”) – A symmetrical arena designed primarily for Slayer and Team Slayer for up to 8 players (4 vs. 4 / 8-player FFA).
    * CAPTURE THE FLAG (“CTF”) – Designed to support 1-Flag or 2-Flag games, symmetrical or a-symmetrical layout.  4 vs. 4.

Poll, perhaps? I propose Team Slayer Map.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 19:11:49 by Imppa »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 19:19:44 »
Poll! A poll!

I vote Team Slayer, with support for CTF, Assult, and Territories. Juggernaugt is easy to run on nearly any map

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 19:36:04 »
Poll! A poll!

I vote Team Slayer, with support for CTF, Assult, and Territories. Juggernaugt is easy to run on nearly any map
I would love to do something like that, too, but I feel that IF we want to take the contest with this map, we should choose 1 area to focus on.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 19:45:07 »
Look at the map I have started. It will pretty much cover all of these. If everyone hates it we can start from the bottom don't have much time. November 28th is the cut off.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 21:08:04 »
I'll try to work on this and Corral, see what I can whip up

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 16:26:37 »
I have updated the map. If someone could look at it and make it playable, that would be awesome..

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6588091&player=ENIGMABIZ2

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 17:37:16 »
Oh, yeah, I already forgot about this...:P

I looked into your first version earlier. I must say: at first, I was so totally impressed. The map looked so cool and nice, with the tower and the lifts and the bases and all..I felt like I couldn't have been able to do something like that...(I SHOULD try though. :))
But when I looked into it, I did find stuff to improve: For example, I think that while small asymmetrics are cool, we should try to keep it symmetric this time, I think. :B The map was also a bit too small in my opinion, and you really couldn't find a good path for yourself, because there weren't much space to look around...I also found the lack of earth disturbing (lol). I think that if we want to do it near the ocean (with the rock pylons and all, wich were pretty cool ;)), we should add some level into it, so that you could walk at one point in the sea level.
Most importantly though: more space plz. :)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 17:52:41 »
Oh, yeah, I already forgot about this...:P

I looked into your first version earlier. I must say: at first, I was so totally impressed. The map looked so cool and nice, with the tower and the lifts and the bases and all..I felt like I couldn't have been able to do something like that...(I SHOULD try though. :))
But when I looked into it, I did find stuff to improve: For example, I think that while small asymmetrics are cool, we should try to keep it symmetric this time, I think. :B The map was also a bit too small in my opinion, and you really couldn't find a good path for yourself, because there weren't much space to look around...I also found the lack of earth disturbing (lol). I think that if we want to do it near the ocean (with the rock pylons and all, wich were pretty cool ;)), we should add some level into it, so that you could walk at one point in the sea level.
Most importantly though: more space plz. :)

I hear you on the Size, But I didn't what players running around trying to find someone to kill and I really had Swat and Slayer in mind while making it.

Have you seen the update version?

I wanted the map to be like a little city..unfortunately my budged is about maxed  :(

If I can get someone to make it game ready I would love too see how it plays out.

If it horrible I will start again.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 18:37:35 »
It did feel like a small city block or something, especially with the tower and the light effects. You did good on there, I must say. :)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 18:58:41 »
Thanks.

I may start another map and use those shields to highlight building sides...it makes it look like a tv screen or something.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 17:25:47 »
The map has been named.

NEON

I think its about 98% done...unless Kenji wanted 2 change the tower.

Give it a look, its 4vs4 playable and let me know what you think.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7149420&player=ENIGMABIZ2

turokman2000

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 00:06:17 »
You should take a picture, then go to your b.net fileshare and link it to the variant so we can see what it looks like when we're not on XBox.