Author Topic: SGP: Odd Findings- Co-op  (Read 1359 times)

GlyphGuy

• View Profile
SGP: Odd Findings- Co-op
« on: October 08, 2009, 21:57:38 »
I brought some of my friends to the Magic Wall so that they can help. When I got there it wasn't there, I remembered some things dissapear and stuff on co-op. While we were leaving I was killed by the brute (legendary) and when I respawned... it was there. But only I could see it. Then my friends died and they saw it too! Any ideas? Sorry if this was already posted.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 22:00:09 by GlyphGuy »
When death is life and life is death... what is bananas?

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Odd Findings- Co-op
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 22:33:23 »
Nice find!
Just throwing out some ideas, this could be that deaths are required to see it (can anyone else relate to dying before they can see it?)
Or possibly events are attached to each player, and you had all done something to make it not spawn, and when you died, your stats were reset.

Just throwing out theories =)

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 23:53:59 »
I experienced something similar to this with the SI glyph in Squidhenge, as I mentioned here: http://subculturelifestyle.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg327#msg327

We didn't die, just re-loaded the section for each of us separately.  I see this as more evidence that glyphs disappearing and reappearing are due to loading glitches.  Which is totally lame.

Rogue Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 16:00:56 »
the thing is that we know bungie doesnt mess-up in there games much often.But the loading glitch happens all the time, bungie might be doing this on purpose to give us a clue.Am i the only one that thinks this?
To stick or not to stick that is the question.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 16:36:02 »
I can report the same results as Apollo.  In a game with braino and his guest (the D08 Door Blocking Test), I was consistently able to produce the SuperTri while the other two guys were consistently not seeing it.

We'd completely reload District 04, and nobody could see it.  Then we'd all travel together to the D04 Supply Cache and return.  Voila!  I could see it and they couldn't.

Brain figured it was due to the guest he had logged in on his 360.  Others have noted that some glyphs do not appear in split-screen mode.

While we were leaving I was killed by the brute (legendary) and when I respawned... it was there.
I believe Apollo mentioned he had seen this as well... or was it Anonymous?  Someone else did.  I'll test this.

I also want to answer the question:  are any glyphs bumpable?  Either way, the answer is pretty telling.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::