Author Topic: WIP: Covenant Ranks Guide  (Read 9251 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: WIP: Covenant Ranks Guide
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 22:52:02 »
Alright, I did some science. On a Spartan, a DMR and Magnum inflict 4 bars (on one side, eight total) of damage on any shot to a non-head body part, even the other Spartan's gun. A headshot will instantly kill them.
Thank you for taking the initiative. Could you please test if the number of shots required to burn the shields depends on the body part shot, ie, if it takes the exact same number of shots to take the shields out if you always hit the head or if you always hit the leg?
Test with DMR, Magnum and Needle Rifle!!!
I am tree.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 22:56:22 »
Alright, I did some science. On a Spartan, a DMR and Magnum inflict 4 bars (on one side, eight total) of damage on any shot to a non-head body part, even the other Spartan's gun. A headshot will instantly kill them.
Thank you for taking the initiative. Could you please test if the number of shots required to burn the shields depends on the body part shot, ie, if it takes the exact same number of shots to take the shields out if you always hit the head or if you always hit the leg?
Sure thing. Also, I just did the same test with Elite players, and it's two bars all the way (except for headshots, of course)
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 23:14:44 »
Sure thing. Also, I just did the same test with Elite players, and it's two bars all the way (except for headshots, of course)
I just completed the task, and both Spartan and Elite shields are unaffected by shot placement. 
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 00:07:18 »
I just completed the task, and both Spartan and Elite shields are unaffected by shot placement. 
Awesome!
I am tree.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 11:55:06 »
Guys, which BOBs don't disappear after a set time?
The only one I know of is the ONI Sword Base BOB, and I need at least two regular, golden non-disappearing BOBs to acquire Shield Strength data.

Thanks.
I am tree.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 18:45:08 »
Guys, which BOBs don't disappear after a set time?
The only one I know of is the ONI Sword Base BOB, and I need at least two regular, golden non-disappearing BOBs to acquire Shield Strength data.

Thanks.
I know which one's do, so I'll eliminate and test today.

BoBs that disappear

WC:
InvisiElite: Yes
Middle Settlement BoB: Unknown, this BoB might be that one
Waterfall Settlement: Yes
Small Enclosure Settlement:Yes

SB:
Courtyard White BoB: No
Swordbase White BoB: No

Nightfall:
First Settlement BoB: Unknown, most likely disappears
Waterfront BoB: Unknown, most likely runs away
Powerhouse BoB: Uknown

TotS:
Covenant AA Gun Cliff BoB: Unknown
Spire FGR BoB (All 3 Locations): Unknown, he runs towards the Spire

LNoS:
Beachside BoB: I've only heard of this BoB, might actually be this one (1:20)
Dropship BoB: Yes
Corvette BoB 1:Unknown
Control Room BoB: Believe so, where else would he go
Corvette BoB 2:Unknown

Exodus ---

New Alexandria ---

The Package:
Courtyard BoB: Yes, also despawns very close to 0:45 starting from Checkpoint Alpha
SwordBase BoB: Most likely despawns
Glacier BoB 1: Unknown (Seen as first BoB in this vid)

Pillar of Autumn:
Boneyard Ship BoB: Unknown
Boneyard Scoripion Spawn: Yes

Lonewolf:
This one is probably your best bet. The sword BoB is very agressive, and with teammates or a place to shoot safely you could probably record your data on this one.

CONCLUSION: The White BoBs and the Lone Wolf BoB are the only ones I know of that do not despawn. Some Bobs also seem to have multiple spawns, even though they are the same BoB. The two LNoS Dropship BoBs, however, aren't the same.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 18:58:18 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 18:53:43 »
Lone Wolf, yes. But that would only work on Easy and maybe normal. It would be easy because he has a sword so he just runs straight at you.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2011, 19:44:12 »
Lone Wolf, yes. But that would only work on Easy and maybe normal. It would be easy because he has a sword so he just runs straight at you.
Still, it's the only one that is guaranteed to spawn in a location (btw: does the exact spawn differ?). If you try other spawns, they might easily run away, or simply be never seen.

But aside from BOBs:
Tell me, is the Shield Strength Report enough for this guide?
Don't you [all] think that while this guide was first simply to help recognize the commendations that every enemy was assigned for, it is now something bigger, telling about their power and the ways they can be beaten? So why to stop to Shield Strength? We could also have charts about how many punches can an Ultra take, how many bullets can a Jackal shield bounce off, and how many shots does it take to drop the Brute's helmet.
I can start to gather some data already tomorrow, when I get out of this countryside. I think of this data:

-How many bodyshots needed to kill
-How many beatdowns needed to kill
-How many shots to take down Jackal shield
-How many shots to needed to drop Brute Helmet
-How many shots/beatdowns needed to break Hunter's back shield (?)

So how about it?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2011, 19:50:30 »
Still, it's the only one that is guaranteed to spawn in a location (btw: does the exact spawn differ?). If you try other spawns, they might easily run away, or simply be never seen.

But aside from BOBs:
Don't you [all] think that while this guide was first simply to help recognize the commendations that every enemy was assigned for, it is now something bigger, telling about their power and the ways they can be beaten? So why to stop to Shield Strength? We could also have charts about how many punches can an Ultra take, how many bullets can a Jackal shield bounce off, and how many shots does it take to drop the Brute's helmet.
I can start to gather some data already tomorrow, when I get out of this countryside. I think of this data:

So how about it?

Might wanna ask the manager, I just work here
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 21:07:08 »

But aside from BOBs:

So how about it?

That was what I thought of, but I decided not to post it because then I would have to do that also.
I am tree.