Author Topic: SGP - hmmm...Audio logs?  (Read 3888 times)

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
SGP - hmmm...Audio logs?
« on: October 09, 2009, 20:47:42 »
(This is both Audio & Visual, but the thead has to go somewhere....)

Just a thought...what about the sounds and images in the audio logs? They are a Fourth Wall production, so it's likely that there's thing hidden in them...
After I get my computer (should be in either tomorrow or Monday), I've convinced my brother to wait on getting the achievement 'til I can do an HD recording of them all. (playing them all is close to an hour of dialog and pictures) it'll be a large file size, but I wouldn't be surprised at hidden content (it'll just suck going through it all, lol)

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
Re: SGP - hmmm...Audio logs?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 21:07:28 »
I would love to have an HD copy of Sadie's Story!  Not just for analysis, I really feel like I missed some of the best aspects not being able to full screen it in-game.

I will glad pour over the story if I can access it beyond my box.  If you can do this, 10 Hero medals for you.

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 21:28:34 »
*yesssssss*

lol, I'll definately try =)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 00:58:20 »
For what it's worth, I'd love for us to pool our talents at some point and collectively work on something akin to what the guys at Ascendant Justice used to do (until recently.)

Their articles on various parts of the fiction are fantastic reference material for Halo Fiction enthusiasts.  Many of the followers of that site were looking forward to their coverage of ODST only to find out that their contributions had to come to an end due to their absorption into the Halo Waypoint project (they're official employees now- go them!)

AJ would provide well-written and thought out examinations of their subject matter complete with quality images and knowledgeable references to the Halo canon.

Were we to assemble such an article, it could be featured on the SubLife home page as well as in the forums.

I could also assemble a blog site just for us... but I'd want to wait until we had content!  :P

Something to sleep on...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:28:34 by nightcrafter27 »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Anubis02

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 16:27:51 »
i just had a thought thru my head. what if we have to use the audio logs to open/unlock things? you can play the audio logs and still run around and explore the streets. what if you have to be in a certain location of the city when playing a certain audio log for something to happen. for example what would happen if we play the log where the 6 Engineers save Vergil/SI at the Squidhenge in District 6 (The Squidhenge that has the Super Sad MonoGlyph). I just turned on my xbox and i am going to look into this. i welcome anyway to venture down this path as well and report what they find.
As of July 2, 2009 I signed a contract to serve my country for the next 4 years. I signed as a SATCOM Systems Operator-Maintainer for the United States Army and will be shipping to BASIC on Nov. 10, 2009.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 19:00:56 »
Hey- that's a totally unique idea!  Good going!

Anubis02

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:42 »
Well i tested the audio log idea at the squidhenges and had no luck. i even played all of them and sat there for what seem to be almost an hour. (never realized how long sadie's story was until you chill in a room and do nothing but wait and listen) i will say two things though. one is that i notice that when you stay in the middle of the squidhenges, the engineers float around like they always do but if you run around they will follow you around. if you stop they will too. not sure if this means anything but i do know that sharing information never hurts. the second thing i noticed was that as soon as the final audio log was done, the background music instancely came on and it was very weird music. (almost similar to the type of music you hear on a flood level in the halo campaigns) i am only pointing this out because i have only heard very chill music in the game of odst. at first when the song came on i thought i unlocked something. i started looking around like crazy. nothing different in the squidhenges and i went to both magic walls, the Super TriGlyph was there. i then became mad at myself for not finding anything lol. but that is the way it is when trying to find easter eggs. like coldglider said when he first put the SGP together, "WE COULD BE JUST CHASING GHOSTS". Happy hunting guys.
As of July 2, 2009 I signed a contract to serve my country for the next 4 years. I signed as a SATCOM Systems Operator-Maintainer for the United States Army and will be shipping to BASIC on Nov. 10, 2009.

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 21:47:24 »
I was playing Firfight and some semi-creepy music was playing when I started. About 1 or 2 minutes into the song (at this point I was hiding from some doom-grunts that got some lucky shots in) I thought I could here a voice. At this point all my skin started tingling and the hair on my neck rose. I called for my friend and I told him that there were voices.

When he came in he was all "I don't here anything." I said, "You just missed it." So I restart the film clip of the game, turn my TV WAY loud, go through it and...

Nothing. "Maybe you're going crazy." He said. "No way, I swear I heard them." Not even a split second pass and some crazy demonic sounding voice boomed out of my speakers. Me and my friend just sat there and look eerily at eachother.

This voice was definately creepy sounding. He said that it was probably backwards. As it turns out, someone else found it first and posted it on youtube... I think he called it the secret of windward or something like that. I found it on last exit, so that means its just some background music.

Oh, when played backwards it was a poem by... (can't remember) I guess there have been references to it in the other Halo games though...
...this coffee sucks.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 21:52:34 »
I wrote a little dissertation on it here.  Definitely cool stuff... and that was a funny story, Kenji!  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:31:29 by nightcrafter27 »

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 22:22:38 »
Oh I'm full of stories!
...this coffee sucks.

Rogue Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 02:24:03 »
Ive that before! At first I thought I was playing too much halo and going crazy because it was late at night. Seriosly creeped me out. Reminded me of the devil.

It sounded like mumbling to me. Like chanting......Epic Creppiness...
To stick or not to stick that is the question.

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 16:58:27 »
...or the grave mind...  Could you imagine doing a flood firefight?! that would be epic crazy! I want to now...
...this coffee sucks.