Author Topic: Shotcodes, Half-Life and Metroid Prime + recent neat findings  (Read 4981 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
I've been playing the Half-Life series and recently finished Half-Life 2.
In the later stages of the game, I saw something that reminded me of the Halo: Reach "shotcodes":

Source: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Citadel_Core
No, this is NOT from Halo: Reach.

In the page linked above, in the Trivia section, one can read "The logo heavily resembles the symbol of the Chozo seen in the Metroid Prime trilogy."
Ten seconds later, I came across this page: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Chozo_Artifact. Here's the Artifact of Spirit:

From the same page:
The Chozo Artifacts are a set of twelve relics, found in Metroid Prime and its spin-off, Metroid Prime Pinball. They are essentially keys known collectively as the "Cipher", which unlock the "Cradle," a protective barrier placed around the Impact Crater to quarantine the Phazon corruption of Tallon IV.

(...)

Samus Aran's mission on Tallon IV has resulted in some interesting discoveries about the ancient Chozo race and their behavior. Evidence suggests that the Chozo constructed a towering structure known as the Artifact Temple many years ago. Its purpose is as of yet unknown, but data scanning of the region shows that the planet's most intense energy emissions pulsate from the Temple. The structure is barred by an elaborate locking mechanism which requires a key consisting of 12 individual Chozo Artifacts.

If that doesn't blow your mind, well, I don't know what would.
How many different "shotcodes" can we find in Reach?

Another curious find. Completely unrelated, but I won't make another thread.
I'm in the process of making a 65C02-based computer (the 6502 is a microprocessor which was widely used in the 70's and 80's. It was used in the Apple I, Apple II, Atari, NES, and many more. The 65C02 is an improved version.) and I've been looking for RAM memory chips for it.
I found one which I liked and guess what the manufacturer's logo is:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:24:53 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
Re: Shotcodes, Half-Life and Metroid Prime + recent neat findings
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 05:55:06 »
Well I've been trying to work on this when I actually can get around to doing it, and so far I've only scoured Winter Contingency and Nightfall. I've ended up finding about 7 different possible shotcodes, including one, as bizarre as it may be, in a sink. They're in my fileshare for anyone who's willing to find a way to access it, I don't know if you can view fileshares online anymore, but here's a link to my profile anyways. I'm sure there's more out there, and Scat has even said there's more on Exodus. The thing is I'm going to be on vacation for the next 2 weeks by the time you fine folk are reading this, so all progress from my end will come to a halt. For now. But hopefully someone else can work on this?

-Typed from an iPod
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:59:10 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shotcodes, Half-Life and Metroid Prime + recent neat findings
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 15:11:04 »
Hehehe. Oh you, scifi! Copying yourself, just for fun. xP

..I think. >_>
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...