Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: Ghost Chasers

The Good Samaritan

(1/5) > >>

nightcrafter27:
     In the parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus tells the story of a Jew who is attacked by thieves on a road. He is stripped and beaten, and left half dead on the side of the road. A short while later, a priest comes down the road, and passes the man by. Soon a Levite passes the man by too. Now a Samaritan comes by, and is deeply moved by the sight of this man, lying half dead on the side of the road. He binds the mans wounds, pouring oil and wine on them (for cleaning and disinfection). He puts the man on his own animal, and brings him to an inn. The Samaritan pays the innkeeper two denarii, each the equivalent of a days labor, and tells him to take care of the injured man, and the Samaritan will pay whatever expenses. 
     This parable would come as a bit of a shock to the audience listening to Jesus tell it, because Samaritans and Jews didn't get along. Now, you may be wondering how this relates to ODST (or maybe not). Obviously, there is the Good Samaritan achievement, to complete the campaign without killing any Engineers. This seems to hint at a possible relation between the parable and ODST. But where, you ask? Where else but Squidhenge!
        I believe that the Elites represent the Jew who was beaten and robbed. Don't forget that the Elites are only half dead, readily zombifying at the player's whim.  You, the player, would logically be the Samaritan. The Engineers represent the priest and Levite, constantly passing the Elites by. The Samaritan's animal would be your mongoose.
     According to the parable, the Samaritan brings the man to an inn to heal. In the context of ODST, that means we need to punch some bodies. I have no idea what would be an inn in-game. It could just be getting the body to and optican station. This is where I need your help. Discuss. 

Scatcycle:
Very interesting Night... I can see a whole bunch of connections.

Maybe we need to punch them to the Tri-Glyph? Night, we gotta try this!

Will elaborate post later but have to go to soccer.

Vandal:
i have a lot of time on my hands right now so when i can get on the Xbox i can try pushing a body to a Optican Station

Imppa:
I still do not approve ZombiElites to be more than a glitch, even though it's mechanism cannot be understood.

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: Imppa on January 22, 2011, 20:06:09 ---I still do not approve ZombiElites to be more than a glitch, even though it's mechanism cannot be understood.

--- End quote ---
Shun the non-believer!

Anyways, why would Bungie keep the alive model in the game? It takes up valuable space, as we learned from the BR. And getting blown up by grenades lifts them? What error in the code would do that? Keep in mind that it is only for elites that it does this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version