Author Topic: WIP: Lone Wolf Study  (Read 20704 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Re: WIP: Lone Wolf Study
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 18:37:07 »
Has anyone taken out all of the Wraiths?
Me and Monx took out all 4 at once. They respawn. Sadly. This makes it extremely hard to make the giant explosions with all the barrels, as the wraiths purposely miss and seem to hit them.

I remember I almost made it back with one but the count down hit 0 and I blew up about 10 feet away from returning to the battle field..
You can get in it right? If I remember correctly.

We need to team up. Someone can get the sniper and  pop the hatch, someone else can emp it, third (or same guy) can jump up and melee/headshot the driver, get in and boost back. I think it's possible. We just need to try.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 18:48:42 »
I think it's possible. We just need to try.
And there is our problem.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 18:49:34 »
?
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 18:51:16 »
?
So many plans, so little action. That's what I mean.
Am I wrong?
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 18:53:37 »
?
Am I wrong?
I assume you're talking about most things we come up with.

I can't tell you if you are wrong or right on such a broad subject, and I can't tell you if you are right or wrong on this single plan. I don't have an xbox, so It's up to you guys. Whether or not you want to. I can't see any reason why you wouldn't. Maybe try it after an SGP day?
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 19:06:37 »
Me and Monx took out all 4 at once. They respawn. Sadly. This makes it extremely hard to make the giant explosions with all the barrels, as the wraiths purposely miss and seem to hit them.

I remember I almost made it back with one but the count down hit 0 and I blew up about 10 feet away from returning to the battle field..

We need to team up. Someone can get the sniper and  pop the hatch, someone else can emp it, third (or same guy) can jump up and melee/headshot the driver, get in and boost back. I think it's possible. We just need to try.

Sounds good in theory. This would save a little time but I am afraid its just to far out to be able to make it back alive.

(Yes you can get in the wraith)

I agree with pulse BUT it better to have 99 prospects rather than 1. Especially since we are in the business of finding items that turn out to be nothing....at least we will be busy until Halo 4 (at which point we will still be working on ODST)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 19:08:49 »
Am I wrong?

I can't tell you if you are wrong or right on such a broad subject, and I can't tell you if you are right or wrong on this single plan. I don't have an xbox, so It's up to you guys. Whether or not you want to. I can't see any reason why you wouldn't. Maybe try it after an SGP day?
Yes you can, Scat. We have so many unfinished guides, so many yet-to-be-started guides, so many untested theories.
Yesterday Enigma asked me something and I asked him to test it because it would be quick and to motivate him (because he told me he didn't like testing, or something like that).
He declined and Nightcrafter tested it himself. Props to him.

Yesterday I advised you and Monx to take some time to make a walkthrough video on the Glacier Pressure Launch. You kept telling me no and Monx said it would be too much work.
I started my Xbox and made the video in 7 minutes.

A long time ago I posted in the Ultimate Glyphs Guide WIP thread a spreadsheet to be filled by all of the SGP members. No one did it and only one or two people posted the data as a Forum post.
I keep posting in the Covenant Ranks guide how everybody can help and how easy it is to finish the guide if everyone does a tiny bit and yet, I've been doing it all by myself.

That's what I mean, god damn it!
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 19:09:13 »

Sounds good in theory. This would save a little time but I am afraid its just to far out to be able to make it back alive.

(Yes you can get in the wraith)

I agree with pulse BUT it better to have 99 prospects rather than 1. Especially since we are in the business of finding items that turn out to be nothing....at least we will be busy until Halo 4 (at which point we will still be working on ODST)
Perhaps the first player could bring it closer, get out and die. They get out so the wraith won't blow up
Then the second player goes and gets it, bring it closer, gets out before they die.
Then the third can probably just bring it in, but if not, repeat steps and fourth player gets it. It's just like when you sprint through 10 second countdowns while respawning someone, just a little bit different.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 19:13:06 »
Am I wrong?

Yes you can, Scat. We have so many unfinished guides, so many yet-to-be-started guides, so many untested theories.
Yesterday Enigma asked me something and I asked him to test it because it would be quick and to motivate him (because he told me he didn't like testing, or something like that).
He declined and Nightcrafter tested it himself. Props to him.

Yesterday I advised you and Monx to take some time to make a walkthrough video on the Glacier Pressure Launch. You kept telling me no and Monx said it would be too much work.
I started my Xbox and made the video in 7 minutes.

A long time ago I posted in the Ultimate Glyphs Guide WIP thread a spreadsheet to be filled by all of the SGP members. No one did it and only one or two people posted the data as a Forum post.
I keep posting in the Covenant Ranks guide how everybody can help and how easy it is to finish the guide if everyone does a tiny bit and yet, I've been doing it all by myself.

That's what I mean, god damn it!
But look. We got it done. One way or another, it is done.

About the guides: Most of them are actually finished or extremely close to being finished, I don't understand why we haven't published them. As for guides like the Ultimate glyph project, I helped out, got tons of pictures, most of the other stuff was unnecessary.

About your chart. Well, the only reason I didn't try it was because it seemed extremely unplausible. I can't speak for the other members, so you'll have to wait for their opinion.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 19:39:35 »
But look. We got it done. One way or another, it is done.

About the guides: Most of them are actually finished or extremely close to being finished, I don't understand why we haven't published them. As for guides like the Ultimate glyph project, I helped out, got tons of pictures, most of the other stuff was unnecessary.

About your chart. Well, the only reason I didn't try it was because it seemed extremely unplausible. I can't speak for the other members, so you'll have to wait for their opinion.
[/quote]
I laid down a plan for the Ultimate Glyphs Guide and you didn't contest it at all. What I posted was NOT how the guide was going to be, it was how we were going to gather data.
I can't even conceive what "stuff was unnecessary".
How I imagined the guide was not, at all, how you made it and kept saying was almost finished. It's FAR from finished.

I don't even UNDERSTAND how a chart containing facts can be "extremely unplausible". Would you please explain?
I am tree.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 19:41:31 »
Perhaps the first player could bring it closer, get out and die. They get out so the wraith won't blow up
Then the second player goes and gets it, bring it closer, gets out before they die.
Then the third can probably just bring it in, but if not, repeat steps and fourth player gets it. It's just like when you sprint through 10 second countdowns while respawning someone, just a little bit different.
I thought players didn't respawn on Lone Wolf.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 19:51:55 »
They can't. They are talking about sacrifice.
I am tree.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 20:14:45 »
Lol!

Pulse, you do know that I have a job right? No matter how simple a task or how little time it takes I simply can't do it. The little time I do have I spend looking for thing that no one has found or noticed.

Believe me I understand what you are saying.

Now that I have a Hard drive I prefer Co-op investigations and testing. If you see me on and time is permitting that's what I want to do.

On topic: I feel like the Wraith blows up if you get out, I could be wrong...either way a team of 4 with a stop watch would be a great way to tackle this. Maybe the guy going for the wraith could move it up jump out and run back and forth while the rest of the team covers...

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 20:25:57 »
In that case, the Wraith entering/exiting animations might cause trouble. If executed perfectly I could see it working.

Kill Gunner
Guy 1: Runs out, kills Driver and if he has time: rides wraith closer, gets out and runs back to Safe Zone, lets timer reset.
Guy 2: Rides wraith closer, gets out and runs back to Safe Zone, lets timer reset. Repeat with as many people as needed.

All that of course if the Wraith doesn't blow up like Enigma said.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 20:40:20 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 21:14:11 »
In that case, the Wraith entering/exiting animations might cause trouble. If executed perfectly I could see it working.

Kill Gunner
Guy 1: Runs out, kills Driver and if he has time: rides wraith closer, gets out and runs back to Safe Zone, lets timer reset.
Guy 2: Rides wraith closer, gets out and runs back to Safe Zone, lets timer reset. Repeat with as many people as needed.

All that of course if the Wraith doesn't blow up like Enigma said.
I don't think you'll have that much time. It will be a worthy sacrifice.
I feel it