Author Topic: WIP: Lone Wolf Study  (Read 20680 times)

Insane Monx

• View Profile
Re: WIP: Lone Wolf Study
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 21:23:46 »
I don't think you'll have that much time. It will be a worthy sacrifice.
5 feet at a time infinitely can be better than 15 feet 4 or so times. It depends on the distance of the wraith from the Safe zone.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 15:21:34 »
Maybe I haven't played Lone Wolf in awhile but aren't the Wraiths there from the start?

I literally only spent 2 minutes playing on Easy and I didn't see any wraiths...

Also what is up with that 1 phantom? It is there when you start, fly's over to the opposite side of where it was and then turns around to observe the combat...

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 15:36:26 »
Maybe I haven't played Lone Wolf in awhile but aren't the Wraiths there from the start?

I literally only spent 2 minutes playing on Easy and I didn't see any wraiths...

Also what is up with that 1 phantom? It is there when you start, fly's over to the opposite side of where it was and then turns around to observe the combat...

When I also played yesterday, I noticed there was no wraiths from the start. I didn't even see them on Legendary in the same amount of time that the Wraiths appeared on Easy.

Everybody knows about the Phantom already :/ It could probably be something that kicks off the survival (but why does it stay...)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 15:38:29 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 17:07:20 »

If you read the actual guide (first post) you'll see when the wraiths come in. It's somewhere around the 6 minute mark.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 17:09:27 »

If you read the actual guide (first post) you'll see when the wraiths come in. It's somewhere around the 6 minute mark.
I did, and it only states that for Legendary. Wraiths on Easy came in around 3:00, 3:30. Half the time of Legendary.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 17:10:55 »
I guess it depends on whether you kill things or not. I spent my legendary time running around the map without shooting anything, wraith came at 6:00.
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 20:07:47 »
Well, I think for sure this needs to be done with four players (as stated earlier).
(2 player)
The wraith was destroyed every time, it took nearly the whole 10 seconds to reach the Wraith and it blew up when you died.

I was thinking about the Phantom again, unlike all the other phantoms in the game the turret doors on the side are closed. I wonder if the Spartan laser could take this thing out.....

4 players:
1 sniper (breach door and take out gunner)
1 Plasma pistol (disable wraith when near)
1 runner (wraith driver)
1 guard (covers the team)

I wonder if we can use the AL trick to shot a player past the barrier...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 20:21:06 »
Well, I think for sure this needs to be done with four players (as stated earlier).
(2 player)
The wraith was destroyed every time, it took nearly the whole 10 seconds to reach the Wraith and it blew up when you died.

I was thinking about the Phantom again, unlike all the other phantoms in the game the turret doors on the side are closed. I wonder if the Spartan laser could take this thing out.....

4 players:
1 sniper (breach door and take out gunner)
1 Plasma pistol (disable wraith when near)
1 runner (wraith driver)
1 guard (covers the team)

I wonder if we can use the AL trick to shot a player past the barrier...

The phantom could be taken out I believe. You've got a spartan lazer, rockets, Grenade Launch, sniper, ect. You should try.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 21:16:01 »
There's something we should try that may be the ultimate glitch of all time in the history of Halo: the Armor Locked moving player that we can do in Forge, but in Campaign.
Why: infinite health.
How:
    1. Start "The Package" ("ONI Sword Base" might also work)
    2. Play until we get to the entrance of the courtyard of the Sword Base (aka, where we get the Target Locator on "ONI Sword Base")
    3. Figure out where, by backtracking, the courtyard area is deloaded
    4. Acquire Armor Lock in the courtyard entrance (implying it is there)
    5. Go close to the deloading area.
    6. One player ARMOR LOCK and the other runs to the deloading area, possibly causing the same effect that deleting all Armor Locks in Forge causes
    7. Partey!!!
I am tree.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 21:30:32 »
There's something we should try that may be the ultimate glitch of all time in the history of Halo: the Armor Locked moving player that we can do in Forge, but in Campaign.
How:
    2. Play until we get to the entrance of the courtyard of the Sword Base (aka, where we get the Target Locator on "ONI Sword Base")
    6. One player ARMOR LOCK and the other runs to the deloading area, possibly causing the same effect that deleting all Armor Locks in Forge causes
    7. Partey!!!

So the armor locked player would teleport to the other player while still being in AL?

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 21:33:27 »
How:
    7. Partey!!!

So the armor locked player would teleport to the other player while still being in AL?
No, they would be next to each other, but the runner would run like 10 ft and BOOM. The deloading area is like a line, I don't know...
I am tree.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 21:48:04 »
I'd be up for trying that, Pulse.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 22:47:15 »
How:
    7. Partey!!!
Me and Monx tried this and failed miserably. Woo!
I am tree.

Phantasm 08

• SGP Moderator
  • Scatcodes are the Gruntz Pajamaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 20:54:22 »
Deloading the area only removes the items that are there, not the items that you equipped while in the area. 

Otherwise, the weapons you picked up at the beginning of a level would disappear from your hands the moment you went to another area.
01010000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100101 01110010 01100111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101110