Author Topic: We zombified a cop!  (Read 10949 times)

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Re: We zombified a cop!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 17:34:24 »
And me and Twizted tried zombifying reach Civs but it didn't work.

You've also tried zombifying ODST Cops and failed.
Maybe we should try again. And again. And again.

What did you do to zombify ODST Cops? Did you use more grenades?

We did it in a small hall. That might have helped.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 20:08:51 »
This is an idea so it may not work.

How about we try to revive Dr. Endesha on Data Hive.

Just a suggestion
 :) >:( :( :o @: :P :'( ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 20:14:38 by CIA391 »
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 20:50:02 »
This is an idea so it may not work.

How about we try to revive Dr. Endesha on Data Hive.

Just a suggestion
 :) >:( :( :o @: :P :'( ;)
Since hes body is immovable (if I remember right), he probably cannot be resurrected...:(
Should be tried though.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 21:12:43 »
How about the prophet in Halo 3?

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 21:22:55 »
How about the prophet in Halo 3?
How about ANYTHING in Halo 3.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 23:09:57 »

The small enclosure was EXTREMELY helpful as the body did not fly away; it was contained by the explosions. The Prophet is planted, it will not move. We could still try it, though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I see Cia's avatar and I thought CG was back....
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 23:35:44 »

The small enclosure was EXTREMELY helpful as the body did not fly away; it was contained by the explosions. The Prophet is planted, it will not move. We could still try it, though.

You sure it's unmoveable? Because if you t-bag it, it'll fall through the floor  :-X

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 00:06:30 »

You sure it's unmoveable? Because if you t-bag it, it'll fall through the floor  :-X
Oh yeah... gotta check my facts. I think it is unmovable until you teabag it, and then it is movable, so if we can get it out form underneath that place (which shouldn't be too hard) it would be fair game.
I feel it

Vandal

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 16:13:20 »

Oh yeah... gotta check my facts. I think it is unmovable until you teabag it, and then it is movable, so if we can get it out form underneath that place (which shouldn't be too hard) it would be fair game.

I doubt that could work. Everytime I got there I would tea bag him and his body always got stuck in there, infact you could fill the entire place there with bodies because teabagging your own will put it under. I remember once though some guy wanted me and my brother to do the "recon switch" and it put them(my brother and the guy) and me and the guys friend were stuck while they were in there, now why would bungie put it there and why would they allow you inside.

Also have you ever tried getting to his body without activating the bridge and the cutscene, we have did cutscene skipping before right?
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

When Russian troops got into Berlin in WWII whenever the street they were going down was barricaded, it took them 2 hours and 15 minutes to get through, 2 hours laughing hysterically and 15 minutes tearing the barricade down.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 22:53:03 »
Sorry, guys, but what the hell. You can get inside Endesha's body? And there's a switch?
Why have I never heard of this before?
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 23:21:29 »
Sorry, guys, but what the hell. You can get inside Endesha's body? And there's a switch?
Why have I never heard of this before?
I'm having trouble seeing if there is sarcasm in your post... I will probably make a fool out of myself by telling you but whatever.

Endesha's body is immovable. Even if you Teab-Bag it, I'm pretty sure it is part of the actual map. Either way, it is immovable (I think).
What switch are you talking about? The Oni Alpha Site one?
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 14:30:41 »
Excellent work on this, Scat and Night!  I'm excited to see that your diligence pursuing this phenomenon has paid off! 

From the "behind the scenes" extras that Bungie has released over the years which show the various iterations of the Halo game engine, it's clear that the system for managing in-game objects is incredibly complex.  For instance, there is an entire layer of processing which analyzes which objects may possibly be affected by events such as explosions and weapon firing.   This is done so that time can be saved avoiding updates to objects "out of scope" of the event.

I'd like to think that this is some manner of respawning behavior; perhaps where these objects (elites, cops) are being despawned and respawned by the "lethal damage" of the grenade explosion and it is manifesting in a bizarre way due to the fact that the objects have a special flag, being that they are "dead" versions of objects which would normally have AI characteristics.

This doesn't explain (at least not well-enough for me) why a respawned object would change its orientation (e.g. animate itself to stand up to perhaps a default spawning position) rather than disappear/reappear like we normally see.

So I am left wondering if we have any other in-game evidence of similar objects (not doors) animating to change their orientation and right themselves after being disturbed by the player.

Well-wishes to everyone, and Long Live the SGP!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 16:35:29 »
Well, I had a theory that the cops and 1337s are spawned with 0 health in the counter, and the massive explosion makes the damage counter glitch out, and loop back to a positive number. Then, the game rechecks after a small pause.

Phantasm 08

• SGP Moderator
  • Scatcodes are the Gruntz Pajamaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 16:38:12 »
Excellent work on this, Scat and Night!  I'm excited to see that your diligence pursuing this phenomenon has paid off! 

From the "behind the scenes" extras that Bungie has released over the years which show the various iterations of the Halo game engine, it's clear that the system for managing in-game objects is incredibly complex.  For instance, there is an entire layer of processing which analyzes which objects may possibly be affected by events such as explosions and weapon firing.   This is done so that time can be saved avoiding updates to objects "out of scope" of the event.

I'd like to think that this is some manner of respawning behavior; perhaps where these objects (elites, cops) are being despawned and respawned by the "lethal damage" of the grenade explosion and it is manifesting in a bizarre way due to the fact that the objects have a special flag, being that they are "dead" versions of objects which would normally have AI characteristics.

This doesn't explain (at least not well-enough for me) why a respawned object would change its orientation (e.g. animate itself to stand up to perhaps a default spawning position) rather than disappear/reappear like we normally see.

So I am left wondering if we have any other in-game evidence of similar objects (not doors) animating to change their orientation and right themselves after being disturbed by the player.

Well-wishes to everyone, and Long Live the SGP!

WOOOOO CG'S BACK!!!!!!

Sorry, I don't have any other helpful info at this time :/
01010000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100101 01110010 01100111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101110

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 17:07:15 »
Well, I had a theory that the cops and 1337s are spawned with 0 health in the counter, and the massive explosion makes the damage counter glitch out, and loop back to a positive number. Then, the game rechecks after a small pause.
But VHS Tepec Fett did an experiment. He looked at the elites when they spawned. They spawned dead, on the ground. If the counter started at zero wouldn't they spawn standing and then fall?
I feel it