Author Topic: Mayday!  (Read 5213 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 23:08:08 »
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the Spartan team, Pulse, the three inches long lizard, was scheming a plan to escape and teach those Spartans a lesson they would not forget.
In a split second, Pulse rapidly fled from Phan's pocket, took his Magnum and yelled with an awkwardly Texan accent:
    - Hold right there, fools! This is my playground!
Enigma screamed in a frequency only comparable to a little girl's, piercing the visors of the Spartans' helmets and blowing the eyes and kidneys out of the lizard, whose spasm resulted in a Magnum shot to Scat's hurt leg.
The Spartans faced Enigma, whose only response was:
    - lol, y u mad tho?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 23:10:53 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 03:24:53 »
    Night sighed. He had more work to do, and the firing mechanism was...broken. The bomb will need another detonation method. And soon. Enigma's scream must have alerted every squad is a fifty kilo radius, at least. Signing as he removed several tools from his pack, Night becan cutting away at the Pelican's windshield to craft some make-shift visors.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 04:34:55 »
Scat swore as the lizard shot him. Enigma screaming did not help either.
"Well great. More metal in my leg."

In agony, he ripped Enigma's Bio Foam container off of his back and used it on his leg. He then proceeded to rip the bullet out.
"Looks like I'm going to need more leaves."

After he got himself patched up, he noticed a light in the sky. It seems a covenant phantom had gone awry, and was headed right toward them. It crashed in a delicate manner, lodging itself into the ground. The team was dead.

After he got himself patched up, he felt better then ever. The bio foam had healed his previous wound caused by shrapnel. He had a plan, but if it were to work, he would need some more pink shards. He knew that multiple covenant parties were inbound on their position, so he set up a perimeter of Needle Bombs, or as he liked to call them, Scatbombs. These bombs, however, had 5 shards per bomb. They were a lot more deadly. Now all they would need to do is lure the covenant forces into them, and then shoot the bombs.

Scat hoped Imppa would not be furious when he found his needler empty.
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 15:06:22 »
lol

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 13:31:30 by nightcrafter27 »

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 23:35:58 »
[I'm pushing ahead]

Night finished connecting the tangle of cables to his suit. His custom built Gauss gun was powered like it was equipment. After a few test shots, the system worked beter than he could have hoped. The machine launched small, jagged metal bits shockingly accurately, the only sound perpetrating from the ammunition whizzing through the air. Phan would like it.
     Helping the other Spartans pack the small amount of supplies they had into various pockets and pouches, Night took inventory as he worked. Nit much to survive on. They will need to get to somewhere soon. Judging from the mountains in the distance, and the stars he studied many times when he was in training, civilization was a ways away. And the longer the Spartans stayed put, that was less supplies they had for the journey. Departure was imminent.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 00:45:54 »
Is it dead? I really liked this.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 15:49:41 »
"It's dead Night, just leave it alone, will you?" Imppa said to Nightcrafter who was still sad for the death of his almost pet-like detonator lizard.
Not only was it stupid to feel like that about an animal (Imppa didn't like pets), Imppa also thought that all these stupid gadgets were worthless waste of time and ammunition. He believed in the more original kind of combat, with guns and bullets. Machines weren't his thing.

Whatever he thought about Scatbombs and Custom Gauss Cannons, they were already done, and would also get tested very soon: Phantasm had just sighted relatively large Covenant patrol; with brutes.

"...If those things help to keep us out of hand-to-hand combat, they're done their job well enough", muttered Imppa while cleaning and checking his Magnum.

Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Nader

• ¿ɯsɐ ʎɯ ʞuıן ʎןpuıʞ noʎ pןnoʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 16:01:51 »
  Nader lay awake in his tent, holding his hunting rifle. He had been here when all went to hell. He knew his family was dead. All he could do was hope that someone would find him. -Blam!- He hurried outside hearing the gunshot. There was finally hope. He ran in the direction of the shot.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 16:17:48 »
     The Spartan team had agreed that it would be safest to split up into small groups. Since some of the team members weren't raised on Reach, not every party would know the way to the nearest settlement. To make matters worse, HUDs were useless without proper visors, so their helmet's internal computers would be of little help. Night had salvaged the fancy navigation bits from the team's wreaked assault rifles, and reprogrammed them to point in the right direction. The compasses might not be the most effective, but they would make sure the Spartans got out in the right place.
     With Phan's reports of an incoming Covenant patrol, the Spartans began to split into groups and head out.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 22:51:27 »
I woke up, dazed from the crash. I heaved myself up with a groan, a sharp pain in the side warned me not to move so quickly. My body ached and my throat stung, and I could taste the blood sitting in my mouth. I managed to stand up, luckily with only a soreness and the sharp pang in my side. It could've been worse.

I wandered through the wreckage, looking at the shrapnel of the pelican strewn about. Not much I could salvage other than half a lizard for food which I deemed inedible, and it seemed the others had left, from what I could see through the twisted metal hiding the cockpit. The thirst was getting to me, and I needed to find water. I decided the best thing to do would to look for brook or a pond to wash the blood and quench my throat. The sun was starting to retreat, and I didn't want to be left in an unfamilar jungle in the night. I decided I would try to return to the crash site after finding water, and it didn't take long to find a small stream gurgling ahead crossing my path. The water tasted like no other, and I drunk it until I almost felt sick. I sat there to rest for a while, relieved but worried. I had no idea where the other spartans were and and had a sickly feeling I might not see them for a while, maybe not even at all. Dusk was approaching, and I couldn't even manage to gather the strength to return to camp. I fell asleep next to some underbrush, only able to survive on my own for the night...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 22:54:39 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Nader

• ¿ɯsɐ ʎɯ ʞuıן ʎןpuıʞ noʎ pןnoʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 23:01:47 »
Nader continued running towards the place he believed the gunshot came from. Water splashed under his feet as he passed a river. He tripped over something, flying through the air he saw the glint of armor, shortly before his head met with a very angry rock. He fell to the ground unconcious.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 23:13:41 by Nader »

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 00:10:54 »
     Night had been sitting in wait, ready to activate the Scatbombs when the Covenant patrol arrived. The other Spartans had begun their journey, and only he and Phan were still at the crash site. Looking to where his partner was hidden across the crash site, Night flashed a small green light from his helmet, signaling all clear. An identical light flashed back.
    A few minutes later, the vegetation behind him began to rustle, and Night flashed an orange warning light, then quickly positioned himself to engage whatever came out. He hoped it wasn't Skirmishers. He hated skirmishers. The rustling grew unbearably loud, until a form quickly bust through the leaves, flying through the air. When the creature landed, Night saw that it was a human, who had just knocked himself out by colliding with a rock. Night leaped out of his hiding spot, signaling for Phan to come to his position. Phan quickly joined him, seemingly with a lot of groaning. When Night asked him about it, he seemed unaware of the noise. Odd.