Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: Marty

SGP: The Beeps from Vergil

(1/2) > >>

Imppa:
I recall that in the 7th column forum they had talked about some weird noises in the location of the last audio log. Somekind of *pings* or something like that.  The thing in them was that they had some kind of pattern in them, but I can't remember what was it. It was thought that if you shoot the squidhenge stones in that order, maybe something happens. Or something.
I myself don't have XBox anywhere near me (vacation), so I can't check it. Could someone look into this and report here? I'm too lazy busy to check it from Bnet, but someone could dig it up from there?(Seriously, this TV-internet-thingie I have here in my hotel room is NOT suitable for scrolling over 40 pages of text.)
I'm pretty sure this is waaaaaay off course, but maybe this triggers the magic button ColdGlider was hoping for :).

Imppa:
Whaddya mean I should do it myself? Well, it seems I finally did it, and heres the results. And now after I read it whole, I realized that it wasn't about the moments after drop (my bad, sry). I also edited the subject, so that it sounds cooler and makes some sense.
Read and find it out by yourself.

*NOTICE - The following text some information about the location of audio log, so if you don't want to spoil anything, go get them quick and come back here when you're done (It's not a big spoil, really, saying for just in case).*

--- Quote ---spartan 4191 writes:
I finally got all 30 audio files, in the room where you retrieve last file (don't want to give away anything but you know where I'm talking about) there is a screen on the wall with an image of the superintendent / Virgil.
If you stand in front of this screen for some time you begin to hear a sequence of beeps, after a while they begin to repeat themselves.

The beeps do not sound random and sound like some sort of sequence.
The sequence goes like this: Four Three Three (then a significant pause) Six Three Three (long pause) Six Three Three (then the sequence of six three three repeated indefinitely, i stopped listening after five minutes).
--- End quote ---

So 4-3-3 6-3-3  |  6-3-3 and so forth...
Could somebody who has all the logs check this? Also we should check if this occurs near the other screens. I'm not sure if this is "The Key" to the mystery or anything, but we have to try all the ways we can right?

Imppa:
Checked, all the screens give the same beeps.
I've kinda lost my hope on this one, but maybe someday somebody will get it's secret.
For now, over and out.

Anubis02:
don't lose hope on this yet. in halo 3 multiplayer on the map high ground, there is music that can be heard. To hear the music, all you need to do is wait for a while in the computer room. The radio below the larger computer will eventually stop making static and morse code and will play either the Halo: Combat Evolved song Under Cover of Night, or random Halo songs (Halo 1, 2, or 3). You can tell it is about to play a song when it sounds like an FM radio just barely out of tune from a local station. Note, in Forge mode you can pick up the radio and place it in a different location, and it will still play music. This egg can be heard on flag games also if a player has guarded the base flag long enough. so with that said i would not be surprised if Marty put something in that room similar to this easter egg.

ColdGlider:
Hmmmm... similar bleeps and bloops in the watchtower where you detonate the charges on CM "Oni Alpha Site".  Perhaps that's a good place to camp for a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version