Author Topic: SGP: Audiofiles  (Read 1223 times)

gonzo694u

• View Profile
SGP: Audiofiles
« on: October 12, 2009, 14:31:27 »
"There's a payoff to Sadie's Story in the main game. If the player listens to all of it, they start getting benefits such as the ability to spot hidden caches of ammunition, vehicles and weapons in the landscape. Sadie's Story can also change the course of the game in one way. That makes the experience of ODST much more fun, and it makes the game replayable."

urk's article "building the fourth wall" from B.net referenced the article that had this quote.
The quote came from came from this story.
http://games.venturebeat.com/2009/10/09/how-the-startup-fourth-wall-studios-created-a-game-inside-a-game-for-bungie/

Just thought that it was interesting that it said that Sadie's story can change the course of the game. This may help you guys in the hunt. So maybe check into the audiofiles a little closer. You may have to go to the same places that the audiofiles are referencing. I am just giving things of interest to you guys.  
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 21:21:35 by Phantasm 08 »

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Audiofiles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 14:48:58 »
I'm pretty sure this is a reference to the change in the Data Hive level and the cutscene when you reach the SI.  There could be more but both these changes are fairly significant so I doubt it.

gonzo694u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 15:02:17 »
Yeah maybe you are right, but also the audiofiles might have something else to tell us. I am just brain storming.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 15:16:33 »
I think you're right about the audiofiles having more hidden within them.  Especially since subliminal messages and weird clue-finding is what 4th walls is all about. 

Some part of them could point to more in-game Easter Eggs, but I think the implication of the quote is just the changes in Data Hive.