Author Topic: Banshee Launching  (Read 3793 times)

Insane Monx

• View Profile
Banshee Launching
« on: April 08, 2011, 22:03:26 »
Hey everybody!

Recently, SukMyNade, Scatcycle, and me played Kizingo Boulevard. We tried to hijack a banshee but failed to fly it. However, I did manage to hop in as it exploded, forcing me into the destroyed banshee and able to do nothing more than float around  :laugh:.

After doing so, we were going to try and cutscene glitch me at the end of the level, but the banshee still counted as a vehicle, not letting me through :(. Not even when we brought in reinforcements.

However, while mindlessly screwing around, I managed to super jump when getting out of the banshee. Thanks to Bungie's game engines, doing this can equal me going way up here.

This is due to accidently slipping inside another physical object. Once the game realizes what you've done, it forces you out with such speed that it can send you flying all over the place. If you ever wondered why you went flying on Forge World in Reach, it's the result of this and lag. A similar thing happens on Breakpoint, but that's not the point. This means if we reproduce this glitch on other levels, we can do some extreme launches, and that's only if the banshee is blown up, (and I believe on tilted surface, such as the street below).

Banshee hijacking, anyone?

P.S. Although, I'm pretty sure this is impossible on the at least the NMPD HQ Level, since the Banshee AI do not have drivers. That is the only one I know of, though.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 22:06:39 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Re: Banshee Launching
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 22:08:53 »
Very nice first topic Monx! You did great! You had much proof, and organized it well. This was fun to watch. I wondering, if we could get someone who is in a ghost to be pushed up that hill with a scorpion, once the person got out the ghost, at the angle it was tilted, would they end up in the ground? And would this launch them up?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 23:32:36 by nightcrafter27 »
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 22:10:20 »
Very nice first topic Monx! You did great! You had much proof, and organized it well. This was fun to watch. I wondering, if we could get someone who is in a ghost to be pushed up that hill with a scorpion, once the person got out the ghost, at the angle it was tilted, would they end up in the ground? And would this launch them up?

Good idea, maybe we can test it today. If so, I'll post results  :)
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 10:39:52 »
Good post Monx! :)

These Superjumps and such have excisted a long time already, but doing it this way has never been pulled off intentionally, I think. Earlier, the most popular way was the Mongoose Superjump, or whatever you like to call it. :laugh: I do remember failing this many times, because of a badly placed grenade or just some weird mistake. This made it took perhaps a bit too much time, which resulted in longer film clips to be scrolled trough...Perhaps this would help in that?
This superjump doesn't seem very convenient, though, but I might be wrong. Is the direction of the jump controllable in any way?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 14:26:23 »
Good post Monx! :)

These Superjumps and such have excisted a long time already, but doing it this way has never been pulled off intentionally, I think. Earlier, the most popular way was the Mongoose Superjump, or whatever you like to call it. :laugh: I do remember failing this many times, because of a badly placed grenade or just some weird mistake. This made it took perhaps a bit too much time, which resulted in longer film clips to be scrolled trough...Perhaps this would help in that?
This superjump doesn't seem very convenient, though, but I might be wrong. Is the direction of the jump controllable in any way?

Not that I know of, but I think it has something to do with the angle/time you get out of the banshee compared to the tilted surface.

That video is pretty interesting, I do a variation of it that doesn't get you as high (which is good for in Mombasa Streets), and is easier to do. Sort of like this at 0:29.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 16:37:58 »
We did do this again, and this time Scatcycle was in the banshee.

Luckily the checkpoint triggers right as soon as you go up the incline, so this glitch was very easy to recreate. Scat did manage to go flying in all sorts of directions, though not as often (probably due to his lack of skills of awesomeness  :P). Also, he found it easier to do when getting out while facing downhill, so it seems that angle does matter.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 20:51:08 »
We did do this again, and this time Scatcycle was in the banshee.
 (probably due to his lack of skills of awesomeness  :P).
More or less, it also didn't help that the banshee was upside down.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 21:15:55 »
More or less, it also didn't help that the banshee was upside down.
Pssh, everybody knows that I can do it during barrel rolls...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 05:18:44 »
Monx, I just wanted to second Scat's opinion that this was an excellent first post!  It was great playing Reach with you today as well.  Welcome!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::