Author Topic: Exodus's Bumped Gate and the Hallway of Death (RP:A, Jetpack spawn)  (Read 1110 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Their find on Exodus is somewhat interesting.  They did a great job of kiting a sprinter back through the jet pack area.  Looks like an in-game out of map opportunity.  I'm guessing the objects may have been bumped out... which leads to even more potential, albeit in the glitching domain.

Quote from: Game v3
You CAN reach the end of the hallway with Sprint

This may be true, but I invoke VOIDO on sprinting past the kill barrier.  Again: setting expectations.

I like that he made the call to the community to help.  There is a balance between the SGP and b.net.  Somewhere in the middle is where we ally with the right groups of people.  HRS seems like it might be one of those groups.  All my best to them!

I don't get it. Why didn't they just fly next to the unlocked gate so the Sprinter could commit suicide and spawn right there?

Also, can you spawn in out-of-bounds areas? Like, I'm dead and I want to spawn next to you and you are in an area where there is the 10 second timer. Is it possible or is there some message like "buddy is in danger zone" or "area not safe" or whatever?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 18:28:41 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Exodus's Bumped Gate (RP:B, Jetpack spawn)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:41:54 »
I don't get it. Why didn't they just fly next to the unlocked gate so the Sprinter could commit suicide and spawn right there?

Also, can you spawn in out-of-bounds areas? Like, I'm dead and I want to spawn next to you and you are in an area where there is the 10 second timer. Is it possible or is there some message like "buddy is in danger zone" or "area not safe" or whatever?
In Exodus once you have reached the bullfrogs, you will always spawn with jetpack.

I think it is displayed in the video that you can spawn in 10 second boundries. The catch is, in the split second when the countdown ends (before you die), you are allowed to spawn. That is why one died and the other spawned in the video.
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
Exodus's Bumped Gate (RP:B, Jetpack spawn)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 15:57:59 »

In Exodus once you have reached the bullfrogs, you will always spawn with jetpack.

I think it is displayed in the video that you can spawn in 10 second boundries. The catch is, in the split second when the countdown ends (before you die), you are allowed to spawn. That is why one died and the other spawned in the video.

Exodus!!!!????

I found this nearly a year ago! Once you evacuate the civilians instead of jumping into the falcons, run, jump and jetpack descend towards where you first meet the bull frogs (where you get the jet pack). there you find the area has been bumped and the gate to the hallway removed. Here you will find the hallway o' death.

Attached is a poor map:

Pink shows you how to get to the hallway o' death.

Yellow is where data pad 16? is located (legendary only)

Red is how you get to yellow. You can also get on the other side of where red is, you just have to jet pack around to the lip of the balcony.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
I've crossed the "Hallway of Death" on Easy with the help of an additional controller.
It's very, very easy, you don't need Sprint and there's nothing after it - only the continuation of the 10-seconds countdown to death.

How it's done:
1. Have the first controller/person commit suicide (just fall to oblivion).
2. Have the second controller run (or walk) along the Hallway. The first controller will want to respawn next to the second, but it can't because the second is in a Danger Zone. It doesn't matter, though, because as soon as the second controller dies because of the countdown, the first respawns where the second was.
3. The first controller continues walking along the path and bam!, it's done (if you go without Sprint you'd only need a couple more seconds to cross the Hallway).

Bleep Bloop.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 18:58:43 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Pulse clears VOIDO on someone else's claim with a better way, and Enigma outs it as old news.

I love you guys.

LLtSGP
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::