Author Topic: New way out of Exodus. BOB Location?  (Read 3042 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
New way out of Exodus. BOB Location?
« on: May 01, 2011, 16:11:31 »
Before the basically non-existent Social Gathering happened, I was fooling around on Exodus. I figured out that if you go to activate the Elevator, while you have to defend hordes of Covenant, if you go off into the side exit, you can get out of the map. This side exit is the one where you see Phantoms land. But this only works if you still have sprint. Do not get armor lock.

Here is a video of this on my fileshare. If anyone could render it, it would be fantastic.

It's hard to explain without a video, but here's what you do: Facing back where you first fight brutes, you jump on the railing. You then turn left while still on the railing, basically pointing at the first phantom with three Brutes in it. Right as the railing changes direction, fall down onto the table below. You will be given a 10 second death barrier, so quickly sprint down the stairs and jump over another railing. You should hit an invisible wall, which should slow your descent so you don't fall to your death. Right when the counter gives you 1 second to live, you should hit the ground below you. The counter will stop.

There is not much to do on this platform, as there are barriers right in front of you, but turn around, and you should see a cliff. Below are cables used to transport resources. There is a fog, so you cannot see the bottom of this mechanical canyon. You will surely die if you jump. But jump anyway. You will fall a bit, then start floating. Now there isn't much to do here, because there is a barrier a bit farther, but there is a resource box which might just be where a BOB spawns. It is physical, which is very strange, because it is way below you. There are many other grooves and strange places, the BOB could be there as well.

Monx and I went over to this canyon yesterday. While floating above the fog, I killed Monx. His body fell and quickly disappeared in the fog. We then both agreed to play ODST, so I opened my disk drive. This immideiatly forced me to exit the match/game, so to Monx's perspective, while still in the game, my body died. Since Monx was viewing the third person of my body, he was able to see it fall through the fog. Then he saw something. I don't really know what, he said maybe a light, or something. Monx will provide a better explanation for this. Could there be something beneath the fog?

I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Re: New way out of Exodus. BOB Location?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 16:43:17 »
Pictures, please! I need images to wrap my head around this 'mechanical canyon'.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 16:44:15 »
Alright, I'm going to get pictures of multiple things right now. Be back in about half an hour.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 16:44:25 »
"And then he saw a very bright light."
:P

It might be, or might be not...But since you don't have the Rocket Launcher in that part yet, I don't think there would be any point for the BOosting Banshee to spawn there/that early. Or were you talking about an actual BOB?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 16:45:01 »
"And then he saw a very bright light."
:P

It might be, or might be not...But since you don't have the Rocket Launcher in that part yet, I don't think there would be any point for the BOosting Banshee to spawn there/that early. Or were you talking about an actual BOB?
An actual BOB. This is very early in the level, no Banshees here.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 17:20:18 »
Here's what happened when Scat left:

We were floating around on the bottom, and Scat quit the game.

Instead of just taking my disk out, I was going to end it.

When I ended the game, MY body fell through the fog. I saw a 3rd person perspective as it fell through, like it's supposed to. At the very bottom, there was no fog, and a small item or sceneric object on the what appeared to be (dirt?) ground. It was maybe the size of a Data Pad, and then my screen faded black.

It could've been a light and it could've been something else, but either way I'm pretty sure we need to go back down there.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Vandal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 19:36:40 »
Oh my lord, I literally did the same thing ages ago, like on my 5th playthrough of Exodus, I got under the fog a different way, but I don't remember seeing the light, I may need to try it again.
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

When Russian troops got into Berlin in WWII whenever the street they were going down was barricaded, it took them 2 hours and 15 minutes to get through, 2 hours laughing hysterically and 15 minutes tearing the barricade down.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 19:51:36 »
Interesting find... but I highly doubt a BOB will be hidden out-of-map.  At least not one that would be required to kill for any hidden Bungie objective.  Just my two cents.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 20:20:48 »
Well, Asm got on, and we decided to go back after Failing so many times at one of the Daily Challenges...

We went down there, and I saw it AGAIN. I was so excited because this time I had a witness, and someone else who could see it. But when I betrayed him in the exact spot where I saw it, he couldn't see it  ???. We continued to do it, and he still didn't see it. However, he did say that he was seeing his pistol, which was very similar to my description. Turns out, that's what I was seeing  :P.

It turns out, the ground really was the dirt texture, that's because the true ground of the Entire campaign mission is dirt. It must've played a trick on the eye, since the pistol was very bright in a seemingly dark area. If the pistol was it's regular shade, I might of realized it was a pistol (or thought it to be a Scarab Gun, Idk). But either way, mystery solved.

P.S. I was going to post pics, then I realized what the pics would be of. However, I did save the film if you do want pics  :)

"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 20:28:00 »
Dang. Thought we had a good lead.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 13:50:53 »
Look here for pictures.

In theater, I could not get near that resources box. Any time I got close to getting right next to it, it would send me to my player. But only if I went right next to it. Perhaps there is something in there?
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 04:20:15 »
Thank you for once again providing content, Scatters.  Well done!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::