Halo Reach > Intel

Achronos explains why BOBs are Elite Light Vehicles

(1/2) > >>

Pulse Cloud:
Scroll down. Gold text.

Phantasm 08:
I see, it's only called an Elite Light Vehicle because it needed its own classification, set apart from all the other enemies.  That makes sense.

nightcrafter27:
Could we do the courtesy of copying the post over here for the bnet impaired members (me)?

Scatcycle:
Achronos
The answer to that question is somewhat techncial... and somewhat silly.

Every enemy and ally has a classification, and the Gold Elite was bucketed into a normally "impossible" classification for an elite biped so stats on him are tracked differently from a normal elite of his class (spec-ops, iirc). Bungie.net code correctly handles this special case and shows you what it was, but the game PGCR does not. It is somewhat similar to how the game doesn't break out Firefight VS stats the same way bungie.net does, even though they're reading essentially the same stats.

--- Quote ---Posted by: chrishans
I like how the Gold Elite is classified as "Elite Light Vehicle" in the postgame stats. Is that because Bob uses light vehicles, or because he IS a light vehicle?

--- End quote ---

ColdGlider:
Thank you, Pulse.  That completely affirmed my assumption.  It's so nice to get a straight answer from an authoritative source. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version