Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: The Librarians

Hinos, Hynos, & the Full Metal Jacket Connection (Move to Gen Librarians' Bd)

<< < (2/2)

The Arkaeologist:

--- Quote from: Insane Monx on May 23, 2011, 21:41:59 ---I sort of see what your getting at, but what is the HINOS reference in ODST?

--- End quote ---
Hinos is a company in New Mombasa.  Here are the images in our image gallery and here is more info from the haloped.  We had discussed Hinos before on here, but I should have provided more background.  Sorry!

--- Quote from: Nader on May 23, 2011, 22:30:46 ---ill be sure to find the bilboard in the game. Do you know its position?

--- End quote ---
I can't remember the exact location at the moment, but you can see the images in the gallery, link directly above in my response to Monx.

--- Quote from: Pulse Cloud on May 23, 2011, 23:06:25 ---Very interesting!
Now I need to watch FMJ!

--- End quote ---
Like other Kubrick films, it gets under your skin.  For me, the music esp. (as featured at the beginning of the video linked in the OP).

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on May 23, 2011, 23:24:29 ---Hinos is a car company, IIRC. what are the colors on this billboard? I can't watch the video right now.

--- End quote ---
Hino appears to be a manufacturer of big diesel trucks/buses/chassis, Australian I assume, Japanese it seems.  So if you had multiple Hinos, you would have Hinos....so yea! :laugh:  Though according to the haloped, Hinos products, whatever they may be, appear to be small enough to be sold in a store with other products.  It does look water-related.  As for colors, Night, green and white in the film (Hynos), blue and white on grey in-game (Hinos).  I haven't researched every occurrence in film though to guarantee that the color scheme is consistent.

Update @Night:  The Hinos letters are black with a red dot over the 'i' on the Oh2-Hnzu store sign.  See haloped.

Nader:

--- Quote from: The Arkaeologist on May 23, 2011, 23:48:29 ---
--- Quote from: Insane Monx on May 23, 2011, 21:41:59 ---I sort of see what your getting at, but what is the HINOS reference in ODST?

--- End quote ---
Hinos is a company in New Mombasa.  Here are the images in our image gallery and here is more info from the haloped.  We had discussed Hinos before on here, but I should have provided more background.

--- End quote ---

The link brings me to here http:/// which ofcourse is nothing. Ill find it in the gallery and fix the link in this post.

EDIT: fixed it in the quote. Shows both HINOS pics.

Halopedia info:

■The company may be a parody of the present day NOS drink, as the company's logo makes the impression that it deals drinks or water in some way.
■The Hinos logo can be found on one of the buildings in the Halo:Reach level New Alexandria.

The Arkaeologist:
@Nade:  Fixed above as well.  I was doing too many links too fast....apparently!  Thanks, Nader!
--- Quote from: Nader on May 23, 2011, 23:59:35 ---Halopedia info:

■The company may be a parody of the present day NOS drink, as the company's logo makes the impression that it deals drinks or water in some way.

--- End quote ---

Yup, I saw that and it does look water-related.  Could be all it is.  What a coincidence since we know they're FMJ fans.  But I'm sort of into going with the most light-hearted explanation these days! (Bungie employee:  It is 2 a.m. and I need five corporate-y-sounding names by morning.  (Glances at desk and history is made!))  Still think it's possible though.... @:

Ark likes making Bungies more profound than they are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version