Author Topic: Two Phantoms Destroyed Above Squidhenge  (Read 6228 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Two Phantoms Destroyed Above Squidhenge
« on: May 26, 2011, 23:43:20 »
Insane Monx and I destroyed two phantoms over the squidhenge. We got several Audiologs, got the rocket launchers from the Cache, and set up in the squidhenge. The first phantom came right above. It had its engineers entrails out. Monx was AFK, so I shot it with two shots, and it exploded. Debris spilled everywhere outside the squidhenge, in the middle of the street. A Heavy Grunt with a plasma pistol was found dead on the ground. No, his gun was not a Scarab Gun.

We then shot down another, and found the Pilots Plasma Pistol, but his body was nowhere to be found. There seems to be intriguing textures on the wreckage. They somewhat resembled glyphs. We found it odd how Bungie made such high quality texture on a brush rarely seen.

You can view the film here. We did some other cool stuff. But the film is 2 hours long. Sorry.

By the way, in the video you'll see how eager I was to find what's behind the Tri-Glyph. We have deduced that there is nothing behind it, you'll see the huge proof in the video.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
Re: Two Phantoms Destroyed Above Squidhenge
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 23:51:21 »
The phantom debris was interesting... there seemed to be one giant Covenant letter/symbol on one piece.

Other than that, I don't recall finding much, except:

• Phantoms don't seem to always follow the same route, as we noticed the third time we looked for a phantom, when it did not appear in it's usual spot.
  • For a short while after reverting, the dots on the J-banner in Squid Henge seemed to look like rounded-off arrow directions, but I believe this was due to game still rendering.
  • Nice songs kick in every now and then  :)
  • Two phantom pieces can block doorways :(

Also the drop pod above the first cache (with the mongooses) has solid doors, but you can't get inside the hole.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 23:54:34 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 00:11:45 »
Yes, on the third Phantom, we could hear it, but it did not fly over the squidhenge. We could not locate it.

The rounded off arrow directions didn't happen to point different ways did they? Did they each individually render, or was the whole J banner blurred?
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 00:13:30 »
Yes, on the third Phantom, we could hear it, but it did not fly over the squidhenge. We could not locate it.

The rounded off arrow directions didn't happen to point different ways did they? Did they each individually render, or was the whole J banner blurred?
They actually did point different ways, and they all changed back to circles at once.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 00:15:42 »

They actually did point different ways, and they all changed back to circles at once.
Them pointing different ways intrigues me. Assuming they are all the same dimensions, why would some point different way? Did you happen to ever move while watching the blurred out banner? Did they change direction when you moved?

And to make myself more clear, the J banner Texture. Was it blurred? The green part? Or just the white dots?
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 00:22:09 »
Them pointing different ways intrigues me. Assuming they are all the same dimensions, why would some point different way? Did you happen to ever move while watching the blurred out banner? Did they change direction when you moved?

And to make myself more clear, the J banner Texture. Was it blurred? The green part? Or just the white dots?
The banner was one of the horizontal Gherjsz ones, and I don't think it was colored, but it was in the light. The banner itself was not blurred, but I can't tell if it was rendered or not. The arrows didn't seem to change direction.

Testing, maybe?

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 04:10:10 »
I say pics for the gallery (and because I'm too lazy to download the video :P ), of both the phantom pieces and the J banner, if possible.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 16:03:07 »
I say pics for the gallery (and because I'm too lazy to download the video :P ), of both the phantom pieces and the J banner, if possible.
Yes, searching for something in a two hours video is impractical.
Please, guys, either trim the video or post some pics.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 03:25:48 »
Yes, searching for something in a two hours video is impractical.
Please, guys, either trim the video or post some pics.
Yes, tape will come in handy here. Look forward to some pictures tomorrow. Hopefully. They will probably be late at night though.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 21:36:09 »
And I was wrong, it is not late-night.
A lot of interesting things. There are indeed glyphs on the wreckage. And there are some odd things about the J-Banner.

Here is the first Phantom we shot down. Takes a rocket or two.

And here is something we found on the wreckage. It seems to be a slab compromised of glyphs.

Now this right here is a high quality texture. Why would this be so high quality, when the J-Banner doesn't even have somewhat circular dots?

And the J-Banner. Monx was right, they do appear to point somewhere.

Strangely enough, the J-Banner's dots are not circular.
Check this out.

There is much to discuss. Oh yeah and Monx, the last Phantom was heading in a different spot, but still parallel to the Squidhenge. Check the most recent screenshot.

Note: Please look here for many more pictures. You can see every part of the Phantom wreckage there.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 21:38:39 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 21:44:47 »
Attached is probably completely a coincidence.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 23:43:26 »
So if I start Mombasa Streets and shoot two Rockets at the Phantoms' "tails" they blow up?

And the dots aren't circular because it is impossible to create a circle in a digital environment (because circles have "infinite sides", which means it would take infinite memory to create them). :)
You can make polygons with many sides, though, and that's what is usually done.

It almost seems like the dots themselves were bumped, ie, they hadn't loaded the total number of polygon sides.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 01:55:14 »
So if I start Mombasa Streets and shoot two Rockets at the Phantoms' "tails" they blow up?

And the dots aren't circular because it is impossible to create a circle in a digital environment (because circles have "infinite sides", which means it would take infinite memory to create them). :)
You can make polygons with many sides, though, and that's what is usually done.

It almost seems like the dots themselves were bumped, ie, they hadn't loaded the total number of polygon sides.
If each dot were a brush, this would be true. But I would assume that the J-Banner is a texture. In most engines, brushes cannot exceed over 12 sides. But a texture can be however circular you want it to be. But this brings up the question: Are the circles individual brushes? This would be interesting.

About the phantoms, yes Pulse. They would blow up.
I feel it

Nader

• ¿ɯsɐ ʎɯ ʞuıן ʎןpuıʞ noʎ pןnoʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 05:38:13 »
@phantom gliphs and markings, would it be crazy to suggest that these are battle plans, the red marking being the objective or enemy positions?

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 13:33:17 »
It could be something like the "Graphic Cubes" or whatever that can be found inside Phantoms in Halo: Reach. We should investigate if these markings mach those in the Reach cubes, and/or are the same markings on destroyed Phantoms in Halo: 3.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...