Author Topic: BOBs on the Reach Demo  (Read 2218 times)

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
BOBs on the Reach Demo
« on: May 30, 2011, 13:49:38 »
I have played the Halo: Reach Demo, which is basically Long Night of Solace until you get to the part you need to blow the Corvette's engines/thrusters/thingies.

I waited for the first BOB to appear (the one in the area where the Spirits drop enemies indefinitely [not on the Wraith platform]) and this is what I have seen:
The drop pod falls, it opens and after the get-out-of-the-pod animation runs, the BOB instantly disappears - not like he was cloaked, like he didn't even exist, only the getting out animation existed.

Conclusion: BOBs are not regular enemies and are not simply mini-bosses - they serve a purpose, otherwise the BOB wouldn't have disappeared in the Demo.

No pics/video because the Demo doesn't have Theater.
I am tree.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BOBs on the Reach Demo
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 15:09:08 »
Just...how?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: BOBs on the Reach Demo
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 22:19:01 »
Very nice work Pulse.  Also kudos to Scat for his findings in the subsequent thread. 

It would be beneficial to add these findings to the WIP web guide... perhaps as a separate page for the LNoS BOB.  Even copy/paste would help centralize the info so it doesn't get forgotten when the guide work is resumed.   Heck...even a link to the post would do.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::