Author Topic: Halo 4 E3 Trailer  (Read 5495 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Halo 4 E3 Trailer
« on: June 11, 2011, 02:34:58 »
Quote from: Bungie Weekly Update 5/06/2011
Oh, and while we’re on the subject of clarification, we won’t officially be at E3 this year.
>> Link

And now we know why.  Some of you had heard my guess that 343 was saving the character of the chief for their own project, and probably did not allow Bungie to use him for Reach (aside for their oh-so-gracious allowance for the Firefight voice).  Ahh, the taste of vindication.

But before I climb up my high horse in all of my juvenile "I told you so!" glory, allow me to admit that I had NO FREAKING IDEA that this was even in the works.  Last I head, there was talk of a Halo 1 remake.

This week's Bungie Weekly Update for 6/10/2010 was a sad read.  It rightfully cast a critical eye on the changes already made to the story and character continuity.  It also was a bit of a rallying cry for the next unannounced Bungie property.

One thing is for sure:  the community will be divided.  Bungie vs. 343 will be an Apple vs. Microsoft sort of feud, and arguments over the validity of Halo Wars will probably pale in comparison to what is to follow.

So this, dear members, is the place to assert your allegiance and/or theorize away at what will surely be a hot topic of debate for over a year.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Nader

• ¿ɯsɐ ʎɯ ʞuıן ʎןpuıʞ noʎ pןnoʍ
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 4 E3 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 02:53:41 »
All i have to say is 343 is a lot of bungie people. Halo 4 will shine.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 03:51:58 »
I do believe that 343 has the larger fan-base now. Most people will associate their interests with "Halo", not Bungie.
Take Call of Duty for example. Black-Ops was made by a different game developer, and the game still thrived. People liked Cod. Not Infinity Ward.

Most people, that is. People like us, and basically everyone on the Bungie.net forums, will associate our interest with Bungie too.

I don't believe that Bungie will be able to say something along the lines of "From the creators of the Award winning game Halo CE". If they could, this would get people interested.
Now it's up to 343 to fix what mess Bungie left in Halo: Reach, and live up to the legend of Halo.

I feel it

Nader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 04:03:22 »
Now it's up to 343 to fix what mess Bungie left in Halo: Reach, and live up to the legend of Halo.

I dont understand, what do you guys see wrong with halo reach

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 04:55:25 »

I dont understand, what do you guys see wrong with halo reach
That's fairly easy to explain. Halo has always been a battle of skill. Two men enter, the better one leaves.
But Reach, this is a different story.

Bungie added Armor Abilities, or life preservers. Every single Armor Ability can save your life. But in saving your life, it slows down the game by an incredibly large amount.
Some Armor Abilities are extremely overpowered and can overpower the other Armor Abilities, *cough cough* Armor Lock *cough cough*, which can sometimes make the better man lose.

Picture this: BR Battle: Someone gets 4 shots on the shield to take it down and is going for the final headshot. He has earned this kill, and deserves it. But wait. His prey has become invincible! Now his teammate comes over and finished you off because you are weak from the battle you should have won. Better man leaves? Sure, Bungie. The better man leaves this game. Ok that was cold. Sorry.

Bloom. Not going to go deep into this, just going to say it adds the factor of luck. Instead of aiming where you skillfully put the reticule, the bullet will fly in a random directions towards you target. Then it's up to luck.

I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 12:08:58 »
I love Halo.
I love Bungie.
I love 343i.

U mad? (sorry, CG, but I had to.)
I am tree.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 14:17:38 »
I'm going to wait to see how Halo 4 turns out. I have doubts that they will be able to pull it off. These doubts probably come from the hideously obvious request for money that is the Halo CE remake.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 17:06:13 »
I love Halo.
I love Bungie.
I love 343i.

What basis do you have for loving 343? We haven't seen any real gameplay.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 19:02:20 »
I love Halo.
I love Bungie.
I love 343i.

What basis do you have for loving 343? We haven't seen any real gameplay.

They are very obviously interested in preserving Halo's magic.
I don't love Bungie because of Halo's gameplay - I love them because they are so community-oriented and because they are fun people. Remember their ODST PAX panel in 2009? It was a blast. The podcasts? Awesome. The vidocs? Amusing.

343 has proven to be like them. And that's what I value.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 19:09:09 »
I do agree, I love the direction they're taking. What they've done with waypoint has shown how they can support the fans.

But I may disagree with the games. Which is not uncommon. We shall see.
I feel it

HomerSPC

• NAKED GRANDMA
    • View Profile
    • Channel
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 18:21:17 »
Money grab.

Halo was meant, by the CREATOR of the IP, to be a trilogy. Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3. Halo: Reach and ODST were cutting it close, but I accepted them because they were doing different parts of the story which I had an interest in. But Halo 4? Sorry, Microsoft. I didn't want Halo to be a COD. Let it die. Let it die while still retaining a good name.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 22:01:41 »
Money grab.

Halo was meant, by the CREATOR of the IP, to be a trilogy. Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3. Halo: Reach and ODST were cutting it close, but I accepted them because they were doing different parts of the story which I had an interest in. But Halo 4? Sorry, Microsoft. I didn't want Halo to be a COD. Let it die. Let it die while still retaining a good name.

Why let it die if we can have a brand new company dedicated to everything Halo making it?
It's obvious 343 has big plans for Halo and they seem to be taking a whole new direction from what we're used to. Can't that make the subsequent Halos the best of the series?
I am tree.

Nader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 22:36:26 »
Money grab.

Why let it die if we can have a brand new company dedicated to everything Halo making it?
It's obvious 343 has big plans for Halo and they seem to be taking a whole new direction from what we're used to. Can't that make the subsequent Halos the best of the series?

DO. NOT. LET. IT. DIE.
i want it to crawl to a stop before its lights go out.

HomerSPC

• NAKED GRANDMA
    • View Profile
    • Channel
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 22:48:24 »
Money grab.

Because Microsoft just wants money. Halo will soon just add another number as Call of Duty has done.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 18:04:53 »
from HomerSPC:
Money grab.

You're labeling a game that hasn't even come out yet. Yes, I do agree that a new trilogy does seem to be a bit much, but we should wait and see what it has to offer. The reason some people consider the CoD series to be a milked series is because it hardly brings new and unexpected things to the fans. I learned that even though Final Fantasy has over 14 different games in the series, very few of them actually share the same characters and enemies.
 From what I've seen of the storyline rumors in a B.net Universe thread, it's going to provide some new things that we've never seen before, and some things that will really satisfy canon fans. I don't want to say this source is 100% reliable, but some of the stuff in it is really plausible. You say you accepted all the original Halo games because they provided a different part of the story, well, Halo 4 may do just that. But then again, it could be a complete failure in the fan's eyes.

from Nade:
All i have to say is 343 is a lot of bungie people. Halo 4 will shine.
I can tell you that part of that statement is reasonably false.

343 Industries is an internal part of Microsoft created to deal with the Halo Franchise and some of the tasks that it brings. It contains only 5 original Bungie Employess, four of which did not work on Halo Games, the only one being Frank O' Connor. I hope this clears up some of the misinformation I've been seeing everywhere lately, and feel free to pass this along to the misinformed :)
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare