Halo 4 > Halo 4 General Discussion

Halo 4 E3 Trailer

(1/6) > >>

ColdGlider:

--- Quote from: Bungie Weekly Update 5/06/2011 ---Oh, and while we’re on the subject of clarification, we won’t officially be at E3 this year.
--- End quote ---
>> Link

And now we know why.  Some of you had heard my guess that 343 was saving the character of the chief for their own project, and probably did not allow Bungie to use him for Reach (aside for their oh-so-gracious allowance for the Firefight voice).  Ahh, the taste of vindication.

But before I climb up my high horse in all of my juvenile "I told you so!" glory, allow me to admit that I had NO FREAKING IDEA that this was even in the works.  Last I head, there was talk of a Halo 1 remake.

This week's Bungie Weekly Update for 6/10/2010 was a sad read.  It rightfully cast a critical eye on the changes already made to the story and character continuity.  It also was a bit of a rallying cry for the next unannounced Bungie property.

One thing is for sure:  the community will be divided.  Bungie vs. 343 will be an Apple vs. Microsoft sort of feud, and arguments over the validity of Halo Wars will probably pale in comparison to what is to follow.

So this, dear members, is the place to assert your allegiance and/or theorize away at what will surely be a hot topic of debate for over a year.

Nader:
All i have to say is 343 is a lot of bungie people. Halo 4 will shine.

Scatcycle:
I do believe that 343 has the larger fan-base now. Most people will associate their interests with "Halo", not Bungie.
Take Call of Duty for example. Black-Ops was made by a different game developer, and the game still thrived. People liked Cod. Not Infinity Ward.

Most people, that is. People like us, and basically everyone on the Bungie.net forums, will associate our interest with Bungie too.

I don't believe that Bungie will be able to say something along the lines of "From the creators of the Award winning game Halo CE". If they could, this would get people interested.
Now it's up to 343 to fix what mess Bungie left in Halo: Reach, and live up to the legend of Halo.

Nader:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on June 11, 2011, 03:51:58 ---Now it's up to 343 to fix what mess Bungie left in Halo: Reach, and live up to the legend of Halo.
--- End quote ---

I dont understand, what do you guys see wrong with halo reach

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: Nader on June 11, 2011, 04:03:22 ---
--- Quote from: Scatcycle on June 11, 2011, 03:51:58 ---Now it's up to 343 to fix what mess Bungie left in Halo: Reach, and live up to the legend of Halo.
--- End quote ---

I dont understand, what do you guys see wrong with halo reach

--- End quote ---
That's fairly easy to explain. Halo has always been a battle of skill. Two men enter, the better one leaves.
But Reach, this is a different story.

Bungie added Armor Abilities, or life preservers. Every single Armor Ability can save your life. But in saving your life, it slows down the game by an incredibly large amount.
Some Armor Abilities are extremely overpowered and can overpower the other Armor Abilities, *cough cough* Armor Lock *cough cough*, which can sometimes make the better man lose.

Picture this: BR Battle: Someone gets 4 shots on the shield to take it down and is going for the final headshot. He has earned this kill, and deserves it. But wait. His prey has become invincible! Now his teammate comes over and finished you off because you are weak from the battle you should have won. Better man leaves? Sure, Bungie. The better man leaves this game. Ok that was cold. Sorry.

Bloom. Not going to go deep into this, just going to say it adds the factor of luck. Instead of aiming where you skillfully put the reticule, the bullet will fly in a random directions towards you target. Then it's up to luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version